What's new

Espinosa Laranja - CoM Mar 2017 (Cigar of the Month)

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Post your reviews here!

Country of Manufacture: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Brazilian Laranja
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

Sizes Produced:
Caixa - 6 1/2 x 48 - Churchill
Corona Gorda - 5 5/8 x 46 - Corona
Robusto Extra - 5 1/2 x 54 - Robusto
Toro - 6 x 52 - Toro
Volta - 6 1/2 x 48 - Toro
Lancero - 7 1/2 x 38 - Lancero

From site sponsor Famous Smoke Shop:
Laranja Reserva cigars are a fresh breath of creativity and skillful blending within the industry. Using an extremely rare, orange tinted Brazilian Laranja wrapper (which is Portuguese for Orange), founder Erik Espinosa got to work on creating this masterpiece. Full bodied and consistent as you can possibly want in a cigar, the Laranja is a true masterpiece. Get your box of Laranja cigars today.​

From site sponsor JR Cigars:
Created by Erik Espinosa, and rolled in his famous La Zona factory in Nicaragua, the Laranja Reserva Toro looks brilliant with its dual orange colored band fitted over a peppery, reddish hue Brazilian wrapper. This gem also features aged Nicaraguan binder and filler tobaccos to derive its medium to full flavored character. Upon lighting, this stick gets down to some serious business as it dazzles the palate with unmistakably bold notes of spice, pepper, citrus, hazelnut, cedar, and a tasty natural sweetness that lingers in the background. The overall smoking experience is enhanced with a razor sharp burn and a room filling cedar and honey aroma. Presented in handsome cedar chests of 20 that really make the smokes look inviting, Laranja Reserva Toro is a top-rated cigar that is always in high demand and short supply, so you had better grab a box while you still can.​

Prior CoM reviews can be found HERE

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
This stick has only been in the humidor about a month. It's still a little young, but feels good, so I go ahead and decide to burn it
Cold draw: There's lots of spice here. Pepper maybe, but there is something I can't quite put my finger on. All spice, or maybe a touch of nutmeg-like pungency, bittersweet chocolate, and a whole lot of citrus.

This cigar has always been kinda one dimensional for me. Same flavors throughout. But this isn't a bad thing, as the flavors I describe are ones I really like.
Burning the stick:
Pepper spice is up front, but not in your face like some other brands. Cocoa, and earthiness. For me at least, there is always an orangey citrus flavor throughout the smoke, hence the name.
After the first inch or so the pepper seems to subside. I don't really pick up any coffee flavors like other describe, which is a shame. Earthy, citrus, slight pepper in the back of the throat.
I know I'm not the best reviewer, but on my scale of:
Never again
Once in a great while
Buy a 5er
Box worthy,
these definitely are box worthy. I've smoked probably a box of these total buying singles and fivers here and there. I'd love to see how these age a year and beyond.
Edited to add pic

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Never read one of his reviews but I found it pretentious and contradictory. Cigar is very good though.
I think most of his reviews fall squarely into the pretentious and contradictory category, with a few of them being flat out horse manure. Although they are entertaining and have good information and I enjoy reading them.

Love, LoRoK.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This was a little too mild for me. I got hints of orange and Hay. It really came into its own around halfway through the cigar. I will definitely turn new smokers onto this for trying out new flavors in a cigar.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Try a different review of his, he used to be a BOTL
What is he now?

I really don't read reviews. Don't much care what people who I don't know enjoy as I don't know if they're palate is similar to mine. I listen to @W.B. if he gives me advice and I seem to like most of the stuff @hdroadglide likes but other than that, I've never really followed reviewers.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
A sick man, was Alzheimer's. Turned worse a some chronic pain, this you'll never have to read a new review he's done.