What's new

ever lose your taste for cigars for an extended time? :-(

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For the last 3 months or so cigars have all tasted bitter and acrid to me. I can't enjoy them.
I know it's me and not the cigars. Humidity in my winador is spot on and my sticks are nicely rested.
I don't have a cold or any sinus issues.
Anyone had something like this happen to them?

:(

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
For the last 3 months or so cigars have all tasted bitter and acrid to me. I can't enjoy them.
I know it's me and not the cigars. Humidity in my winador is spot on and my sticks are nicely rested.
I don't have a cold or any sinus issues.
Anyone had something like this happen to them?

:(
Yep, it happens......sucks, but it's happened to me before brother, time time to take a break, maybe a week or two, then try em again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Stress?
Having too much on my mind can kill a great stick.. Actually just got back to smoking myself, after about 2 months of stressed out blah...

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yes! Last year, I experienced a similar spell that lasted for about 2 months. Every cigar tasted acrid, no matter the strength or blend.

I switched from a punch or small cut to a bigger straight cut on the cigar. Seemed to put an end to it.
My only thought was that it was build up of tar or something.

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I haven't had any issues until recently. I've had both NC and CC sticks that have smoked awful - just an unpleasant taste. I'm assuming for me, the 99% humidity outside is one of the main issues. I'll probably just cut back for the next several months.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have taken a self induced hiatus from cigars lately. I haven't bought any this year and the last 4 months only smoking 1-2 a month. It isn't due to poor taste, it just seems I have just taken a step back. I do plan on having one this evening but we shall see.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a Missouri Meerschaum cob pipe, a pouch of Carter Hall pipe tobacco, and maybe a few 1oz samplers of pipe baccy. Cost will be very modest for these items. There's a huge range in flavor profiles available in pipe tobacco. For me, pipe & cigar smoking complement each other. I smoke more cigars during warmer weather months, more pipes during colder weather months. Maybe changing things up a little bit will help the OP's situation. If a wide variety of pipe tobaccos 'all taste the same' there may be other underlying issues that need to be looked at.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Try a Missouri Meerschaum cob pipe, a pouch of Carter Hall pipe tobacco, and maybe a few 1oz samplers of pipe baccy. Cost will be very modest for these items. There's a huge range in flavor profiles available in pipe tobacco. For me, pipe & cigar smoking complement each other. I smoke more cigars during warmer weather months, more pipes during colder weather months. Maybe changing things up a little bit will help the OP's situation. If a wide variety of pipe tobaccos 'all taste the same' there may be other underlying issues that need to be looked at.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I can agree with this, have done it before. Kind of wipes the slate clean.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah strangely enough I've been finding pipes aren't tasting good to me lately either. It's definitely me. :oldman:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few years back I had a similar problem. I had other symptoms like being tired, a funny taste in my mouth and I would get a low grade fever at night. I would be feeling great one minute and then it was like a switch was turned on and I felt like crap. It really messed up my sense of taste. Smoking a pipe or a cigar was impossible during an episode. Nothing tasted like what it was supposed to taste. It turned out I had a residual virus that hung on after a getting the flu in the spring. It lasted all summer. All the symptoms suddenly went away that September.

You can pick up a minor bug someplace and it can mess up your sense of taste even if you never really feel sick. You just need to wait it out.