Evolution of Opus X

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopusolerX

Probably spent over .25m on cigars in my life
Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best kept secret since sliced bread imo. One mans opus is another man rocket. I am a fan, hands down of the blend. I am lucky enough to have them as a daily smoke, if I choose. My favorite sizes are XxX, double Corona, no 4.

Have you noticed over years the blend has changed. Or even within a box batches are bit off.

Anyone holding any original boxes. I can say I have some slide top box unopen, but never seen a pyramid box, or let alone have the chance to smoke one from the original batch, I think the slide top was the same batch, aged longer. not sure until I open her up, I guess. I have referenced photo from CA, below. opusx-dec15-6-600.jpg

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Man out of all the great Dominican cigars ... opus isn't even top 3. Opus is trash, and it reminds of that annoying ass Yue lady on facebook.

Opus is for snobby rich peo.. oh wait. nvm that :)

Im glad to say i don't have a single fuente in my humidor.
I never know how to read you!!!!!! You make me laugh either way.

Stupid Tapatalk

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
:angelic:get
Man out of all the great Dominican cigars ... opus isn't even top 3. Opus is trash, and it reminds of that annoying ass Yue lady on facebook.

Opus is for snobby rich peo.. oh wait. nvm that :)

Im glad to say i don't have a single fuente in my humidor.
Says the guy who thinks Ron Mexico's are the $hit...no accounting for taste as the ole saying goes.

I remember my first Opus when they first came out..love affair since then and yeah...the taste has evolved and changed somewhat but they are still great and being a cigar snob has its days...keeps me from comparing Pirates Gold to them and looking like a fool.

There is a reason they are so popular... it's called having good taste Charles. ..:angelic:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
It's kind of funny when Opus X cigars get discussed. It seems 2 camps emerge. One camp says they are overpriced garbage and show a real hate for them. With the other camp talks like they were rolled on the virgin thighs of Salma Hayek on her 18th birthday.
The overpriced part is correct if all you see is Opus priced at double MSRP. But they always seem to want to blame the cigar and not the retailer or their states taxes for the stupid prices.
I think for $8-$13, Opus X taste like a good cigar should taste.

CopusolerX

Probably spent over .25m on cigars in my life
Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stay out the loop for the unicorn items, and get every type of normal production blend. Every size is fantastic, just mood and setting. Fresh vs aged.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
I like opus. freshies can be quite strong. aged are more mellow. I have 8 or 6 tins gathering dust, and a bunch of singles resting for... hell, I don't know. just don't smoke them as much anymore.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I enjoyed OpusX back when they were first released ... before hype and gray market selling inflated their prices way beyond what I think they are worth. Haven't had one in many years. I actually prefer the Anejo line anyway, but still a special occasion smoke due to cost.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Yes, opus x...that very under the radar lesser known cigar that no one really knows or talks about I've heard of it once or twice .

They're fine. And not ridiculously overpriced if you buy the normal ones (I can't think of another brands super premium that isn't at least in the 14-20 range) but as others have said, there are a number of other sticks I like more that are cheaper, including other fuente sticks like anejos and casa Cuba's so I don't really see their place. If I had to say I would say opus is for cigar smokers with plenty of money, that never actually spent the time to really dive deep into the hobby and realize there's way better cigars out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.