What's new

Exchange Rates of US $

Does watching the US dollar value matter if you make purchases in other currencies?

• Yes I watch the dollar trend and base purchases when the dollar goes farther.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Yes I watch but it really does not matter much, just get what I need anyway.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No I do not watch, just get what I need anyway.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Does not matter either way or does not pertain to me or who cares.

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Do you keep an eye on the US dollar exchange rates? Seem the last several months the dollar does not buy as much, say if what your buying currency is CHF (Swiss Franc) or EUR (Euro) or many other other currencies.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I work for a German based company. I have to watch the exchange rate daily. So every morning I check x-rates. Some times our customer purchase in Euro so we have to convert to USD. however, when we order the equipment from our parent company in Germany it has to be bought in Euro. They give us a fixed exchage rate at the begining of the year, but for margin calculations we have to use the most current exchange rates. Some days its a pain in the ass.

Right now the Euro is stronger then the dollar. Its interesting to watch how the daily happenings in the US effect the exchange rates.

When it comes to ordering cigars or other products that are in other currencies besides USD I use a credit card. They use the most current exchange rate at the time of transaction. So far it has worked out well for me.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Yes Cliff good idea to post a site for others to use, There is a sticky here as a reference and been waiting on some things recently due to my money getting about 7% less in the last 3-4 months.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Now that I see a poll, I watch the exchange rate but it doesn't really effect what I buy. As long as it doesn't get rediculous like the GBP

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
This software posts the thread first, then allows a poll to be created. Being a first timer, I was a little slow in my thoughts and execution of them.

Derek, so your saying you look at trends all the time, but get what you want anyway? Even if you know the dollar may have dropped 10% in a month, you would use the credit card anyway.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes, I'm impatient. When I want something I get it right then and there. Not always the smartest thing, but as other commodities rise around us, I have noticed I watch my spending a little more. So over in time I bet I will be waiting for the rates to be low to make purchase.

Edit: I also noticed the few places I buy that don't take USD will charge you a fee if a CC is not used. So going to a bank and getting a wire in the vendors currency wasn't working. They would actaully hit me with a fee, my order would be held till I sent that fee too. I no longer do business with them.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I pay attention to it but not for purchasing power or anything...

I never buy things from other countries anyway....

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I do keep an eye on exchange rates as most of my cigars come from Europe.

I look at them and :tongueout everyday !