What's new

Fake CC construction question

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A buddy of mine from work was traveling in Belize and brought back a few “Cuban” cigars for me that are almost certainly fake. It was such a nice gesture that there was no way I was gonna tell him that he didn’t buy the real deal.

All that being said, I still decided to fire one up out of curiosity. I lit up the “Romeo” and started pudding away. Now I haven’t had many Romeos (they aren’t my favorite CC) but this thing just didn’t seem as good (which is to be expected), but I swear I still tasted that distinctive Cuban “twang.”

This experience made me wonder... Are fake CCs still made from Cuban leaf? Do fakes made from Cuban leaf get exported out of Cuba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's honestly no real answer. If bought in Cuba then yes. Almost certainly it is Cuban tobacco...from where...anyone's guess.

Is it from the backyard...sure....
Is it from the factory floor...almost certainly
Peso cigars with fake labels...that's probably easiest

Off the island I would guess it's just random tobacco with fake labels.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
" Do fakes made from Cuban leaf get exported out of Cuba? "
every day.
someone will buy them off the street and carry them home.
this is why you need a " Factura ", or receipt , to leave Cuba with a box.
The fakes in Central America are made in Costa Rica or Mexico.
And you will find fakes sold alongside genuine CCs there too.
The "twang " is improperly fermented leaf.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info fellas. The whole experience piqued my curiosity. My spidey sense started screaming “fake” when I noticed that the (non-pigtailed) Trinidad, Punch, and Romeo were all the exact same Pyramid looking vitola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've said this here before. I've been to Cuba many times and have smoked many fake CC'c made there. They were all well made and were a very nice smoke. They didn't taste like Cohiba or R&J but I didn't expect them to. Fakes made anywhere else are scary and I won't touch them.