What's new

Fake?

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I have a friend that is just getting into smoking cigars. His brother went to Cuba last week and brought home a couple of boxes. Being all proud of them sent me some pics. I asked then I asked him what the date code was on the back. He told me there wasn't one. Haven't looked the box over myself but I was thinking not code means they are fakes. And if they are not sure I have the heart to tell him.
IMG952292.jpg IMG952291.jpg

PamunkeyHub

Jayson
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Fake. No date code, wrong placement of the "Habanos" lable, and the warranty seal should be affixed to the left side of the box over the lid and onto the front.

A couple close ups of the cigars and bands would further confirm.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
You don't need to take any close up pics of cigars. As said, box is totally wrong. Sorry, dead fake.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I agree with these guys. Even to my new eye, that box is totally fake. I'm not sure about smoking them. You never know what's in them, it will be all short filler, and possibly whatever else was swept up off the floor.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Fake, what's with that Republic of Cuba seal doing floating around the box? Throwing on a Habanos sticker was insult to injury. You have to tell you buddy, you don't want him attempting to buy more fakes. But smoke them if they pass the smell test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
All the fakes I've smoked from Cuba (not elsewhere) have been pretty good.
Ive had the opposite experience, the only fake Ive smoked that was NOT tobacco was from Cuba, looked and smelled like just plain old dried leaves from a tree, and some dirt and hair in there too

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Fake, what's with that Republic of Cuba seal doing floating around the box? Throwing on a Habanos sticker was insult to injury. You have to tell you buddy, you don't want him attempting to buy more fakes. But smoke them if they pass the smell test

Please explain this smell test of yours

Very very interested

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Please explain this smell test of yours

Very very interested
Run the cigar from foot to head right along your nostrils. 9 times out of ten, I can tell if the cigar is going to be good or crap. Usually cigars with little or no smell are bad. You start to recognize by scent what flavors you will get from that particular cigar.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Run the cigar from foot to head right along your nostrils. 9 times out of ten, I can tell if the cigar is going to be good or crap. Usually cigars with little or no smell are bad. You start to recognize by scent what flavors you will get from that particular cigar.

Interesting

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
seal in the box is for a 3 or 5 pack, never placed IN the box, how much did he pay and where is the receipt he needed to take these off the Island?
I would still smoke them,you will know right away they are fake, but still could smoke ok....