What's new

Fakes made in Cuba

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I know that purchasing fakes is bad for the industry and supporting the counterfitters is a bad idea, but we all seem to end up with someone giving us fakes thinking they are doing us a favor. I have had many fakes that were purchased in Cuba and therefore made in Cuba with Cuban tobacco. Every one I've had has been well made and a good smoke. Not Cohiba good, but good. Fakes purchased in other countries, and therefore made in other countries, are often unsmokeable and contain dubious content. I'm just wondering if others have had the same experience.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Fakes are, more often than not, rolled with indigenous tobacco. Fakes rolled in Honduras use Honduran tobacco and fakes rolled in Mexico use Mexican tobacco, sometimes Honduran. Its typically low grade leaf and nothing comparable to Camacho or Room 101 stuff. Did your "fakes" have bands or were they just customs? Recent customs have been very good. I used to buy farmies and customs every year but the prices got stupid in 2016.

I had one experience with a fake Boli, im 99.9% sure it was Honduran tobacco and it was pretty awful. I muscled through almost 10 min of it to be kind to my buddy but just couldnt handle it any longer and chucked it. I couldnt get the taste out of my mouth for a week, not exaggerating.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
For some reason,fakes are common among the cigar community in my area.
People bring them to me for an opinion, and I see them at events and herfs.
I have smoked a few and find them to be made from average tobacco,like you find in bundle cigars.

Not bad,not great.
I have never had one with trash or hair in it, and I do not know of anyone who has, but it can happen.
Cheap cigars are plentiful,without fakers having to roll up trash.
If the custom rolls from Cuba are any indication, the second market tobacco is pretty good,and fakes from Cuba could be ok...........

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Did your "fakes" have bands or were they just customs? Recent customs have been very good. I used to buy farmies and customs every year but the prices got stupid in 2016.
All the ones I have had had bands. They are usually Cohiba Esplendidos, Cohiba Piramids or R&J #3 Tubos. They've all been pretty good. I've tried some sticks that were rolled by people in there homes trying to make a buck but they were short filler, poorly rolled and not very good.