What's new

Fan Timing

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For those if you who utilize a fan in your storage (wineador), what kind of timer do you use? I went with a wyze plug and created a schedule to run for 15 minutes twice a day. I did something similar several years ago but with a computer fan. I never could get the block timer to behave and kind of lost interest when I moved the hole thing into the basement of my new house. It seems that circulation wasn't much of an issue but I did have 1 pound of beads in the top and a pound in the bottom.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
For those if you who utilize a fan in your storage (wineador), what kind of timer do you use? I went with a wyze plug and created a schedule to run for 15 minutes twice a day. I did something similar several years ago but with a computer fan. I never could get the block timer to behave and kind of lost interest when I moved the hole thing into the basement of my new house. It seems that circulation wasn't much of an issue but I did have 1 pound of beads in the top and a pound in the bottom.
i do some home automation with a smart outlet, wirelesstag, and home assistant. so it kicks on when the humidity difference between above / below get too far (4% in my case)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
look up OKTimer I use 24v dc for my slot/computer fans and they have options for different voltages. I run for 10 minutes every 2 hours but these relays are pretty flexible.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i do some home automation with a smart outlet, wirelesstag, and home assistant. so it kicks on when the humidity difference between above / below get too far (4% in my case)
I am considering that but I figure I could achieve the same goal using time. What is your guesstimate as to how often you get a 4 percent difference between top and bottom.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I am considering that but I figure I could achieve the same goal using time. What is your guesstimate as to how often you get a 4 percent difference between top and bottom.
Super infrequent - with a fairly full wineador (cedar shelves / drawers) and 16oz of HCM beads - it kicks in like less than once a month. Summer (with the AC) or winter. Doesn't really deviate much

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Just get a cigar oasis with the additional fans. It does it all for you!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Been there and done that. I feel like I had to look at it less with the beads. I did use the oasis just for the fans for a while.
I'd love an Oasis - but then I have to keep water in it. Like you said beads you just set and forget!