What's new

Fan Wineador Question;

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

This has been beaten to death over the years.

I bought

AC Infinity MULTIFAN S1, Quiet 80mm USB Fan

A lot of the set ups I have seen on here were normal PC fans, which seem to splice the wire. With these, I was going to just brute force the project and drill right through wineador hole and just make it bigger and use extension cables.

Has anyone used these fans before without causing damage too their wineador?

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Not sure what kind of damage you would be causing to the humidor, besides drilling a hole through it. Are you going to hook up some type of a timer to it?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what kind of damage you would be causing to the humidor, besides drilling a hole through it. Are you going to hook up some type of a timer to it?
I have wifi outlets that I was going to set up a timer to the power strip.

The first 5th min on the hour the power turns on. Power off the first 10min on the hour. Fans fun only 5 min per hour for 24 hours.

or set it for 10 or 15.

I don't know much about splicing USB wires. Thinner wires sure.

Not sure if there is a difference.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It should all work, not like you are transferring data or anything that you would worry about the quality of your splice. Normally we just feed wire through the drain hole.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should all work, not like you are transferring data or anything that you would worry about the quality of your splice. Normally we just feed wire through the drain hole.
Just watched a youtube video of splicing usb, i'll just give this a shot.. Probably should of went with a more simple fan set up. This will have like 6 wires to splice for 1 fan.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yep, simple, simple, simple is always best, Especially when you get old!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Amazon sells usb break out adapters. Think like usb to wire to screw terminals. Looks a little better than crimp splices. Amazon usb screw terminal adapter. I just drilled a hole through the back of the wineador and used wyze plugs. I run it for half hour twice a day.

Last edited: