What's new

Favorite/Current Craft Beer

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I am a beer nut

The sam oat is pretty good, get the youngs double chocolate stout next. That is some yummy stuff.

Lately I have been on an IPA kick.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Drinking a Fat Angel right now. I love Magic Hat. I have taken a tour of their brewery in VT

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
right now its Fullers ESB and Some of the local indiana micro brews.
The mishawaka brew pub has a killer IPA thats 10% aBV

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
My favorite all time beer is Corsendonk in the magnum bottle. Next is Chimay Cinq Cents, and then there's a port called something like "Old World". I don't exactly remember the name because I haven't been able to get it in the past 2-3 years.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I can't get it in Ft. Worth, but in California I had this beer called Great White and I've been pining for it ever since. Shiner is coming out with a new beer for oktoberfest every year until their 100th aniversary, this year was '96. One of our customers at my coffee shop is the beer critic for the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram and he brought me a bottle of this stuff. . . really freakin' good!

Man, I just realized another addiction, as if fine wine, spirits, coffee, and soon cigars aren't enough!

cigarsarge

BOHICA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You beer lovers have to try some of this...Ommegang It is some of the best beer I have ever tasted. If any of you New York guys ever want to trade Ommegang for cigars LMK.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
caudio51 said:
I am a beer nut

The sam oat is pretty good, get the youngs double chocolate stout next. That is some yummy stuff.

Lately I have been on an IPA kick.
I had a Stone IPA followed by Youngs DBL CS.

Are all IPA's very hoppy? It got much better as it neared room temperature...

The youngs dbl choco is nice. Finishes with no aftertaste or biterness of a common stout. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
There's a number of Young's brews I'm looking to try in the next few weeks. Last thing I had beer related was one of the Samuel Adams seasonal brews. I think it was the Old Fezzwigs one.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
vipe said:
I had a Stone IPA followed by Youngs DBL CS.

Are all IPA's very hoppy? It got much better as it neared room temperature...

The youngs dbl choco is nice. Finishes with no aftertaste or biterness of a common stout. :thumbsup:
The American IPA is a different soul from the reincarnated IPA style. More flavorful than the withering English IPA, color can range from very pale golded to reddish amber. Hops are typically American with a big herbal and / or citric character, bitterness is high as well. Moderate to medium bodied with a balancing malt back bone.

Answer, yes IPAs are hoppy. Beers should be drank a little cooler than room temp, not much. The cold shocks the taste buds taking away from the flavors of the beer.

I love youngs dlb choco. I just had a brooklyn double choco which was great too!

JDP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Anything from the Deschutes brewery is at the top of my list. It looks like the majority of you guys are from east of the Mississippi so please accept my appologies. :grin:

I lived in Boston for four years and tried just about every east coast micro brew I could find and none of them could hold a candle to our fine Northwest breweries. I you haven't had them you owe it to yourself to make a trip to Oregon. :bottle:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Yea those Oregon breweries is where it all began. One of my faves is Rogue. Maybe one day I'll make it out for a sampling binge.