What's new

Favorite Midrange Pipe Brand

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well not only am I on the hunt for a new pipe in the, let's say, $30-$70 range but I want to see more action in this thread! I'm pretty much scouting out a few Bjarnes, alot of Savinellis and the occasional Peterson, any thoughts guys?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got your bases pretty much covered. Before I read your post in its entirety, those were the brands I was going to mention off the top of my head. All are solid and well made. If I had to choose between one or the other, I'd go with Peterson. If I wanted a more eccentric pipe I would go with a Bjarne hands down. Savinellis are good but I don't think they measure up quite as well, at least for me.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
For new pipes in that range, there are plenty of good choices over at the Iwan Ries Super Specials section.

GBD, Peterson, Sasieni are a few I've tried over the years. I've never really cared for Peterson, but many swear by them.

More choices open up if you buy estate pipes.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In that price range you will also find some nice offerings from Stanwell. Also check out Boswell pipes from Chambersburg, PA. I have several Boswells all where in the price range of $50 to $75 which is a steal for a US hand made.