What's new

favorite rum

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
time to pop the cherry on this forum.

I'll get it started by notimating santa teresa 1796 antiguo de solera. greatness in a bottle.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Appleton 21 yr
Havana Club 7
Pyrat Planters XO
Rhum Barbancourt 15 yr
Ron Zacapa Centenario
Zaya

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have not yet had the opportunity to start sampling some fine rums, right now, I am going for quantity over quality, as I cannot afford to be too discriminating....For frozen drinks, such as daquiris or rum runners, Parrot Bay is awesome, for sipping, Bacardi Silver works for me...

Andrew

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Parrott bay coconut rum and pineapple juice. Goes down like koolaide

I have thrown up quite a bit of bacardi 151 in my younger days.
Went thru a phase where I loved rum and coke.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
N2Advnture said:
MOUNT GAY EXTRA OLD
Anyone else think this is Too Much Info about Marks Preferences? :smt079

N2Advnture said:
MOUNT GAY TRICENTENNIAL
Anyone else think this said "Mount Gay Transexuals", or was it just me?

On a more related note. I don't know where I can pick up a bottle of HC7, would anyone be able to help me out? I tried it at a herf from Penguin but haven't gotten my own bottle yet. Thanks

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
tubaman said:
What a girly drink!!!:smt061 :smt061
Damn i never looked at it like that.....
add 25% moonshine, there is that more masculine???????

Besides the coconut rum and pinapple juice tastes good when throwing it up, kind of self cleaning.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
john tripp said:
Parrott bay coconut rum and pineapple juice. Goes down like koolaide.
I was at Wildfire yesterday evening and saw that they had a 'Martini' (more like just a mixed drink in a Martini glass that they can charge me $10.95 for. Sheesh!) that sounded very similiar to this. The only difference was that Midori had been added.

I ordered it, took a few drinks and had to forget about it. It tasted like childrens cough syrup mixed with bad Pina Colada hard candy. Yuk!! I'll have to try it w/o the Midori and see if it makes a dif.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
N2Advnture said:
waiting to try the HC15!
Hoping to get a bottle this weekend from my brother who is in Cuba right now (but I think he will be full with his own and not have room for me).

For the HC-7 fans, have you tried Aejo Reserva?

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
No. It's a better flavor I presume? Forgive the idocity of my question but, is it a Cuban Rum as well?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
No. It's a better flavor I presume? Forgive the idocity of my question but, is it a Cuban Rum as well?
Maybe you will just have to find out for yourself

"Havana Club Añejo Reserva is a Cuban rum made with a skilful and sensitive blend of various Cuban rums of different ages, with specific proportions of young rums and other more mature rums, giving a well-balanced combination of a powerful taste with the most delicate aromas. Its greatness lies in the art and skill of the blending, which Don Navarro skilfully developed initially as a preferred blend for his own consumption, and later extended as a further product in the Havana Club range."

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I'm tellin ya, you're gonna be sorry come time for me to deliver the January group buy! Start reinforcin your mailbox!!