What's new

Favorite Rum?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Well the last thread on this was from 2005, so.... time for a new one.

I'm looking to dip my toes into the world of rum. Where's a good place to start?

If price weren't an issue, what's your favorite... the one all other rums aspire to be like?

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Yeah, this would interest me as well. I'm currently a Captain Mo guy. Tough to beat for the price. Maybe you could start there.
And don't let any Canadians tell you that white rum is it either. My whole family drinks that crap. I think it smells a cross between rubbing alcohol and bad tequila. Blahhh.

KK33

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Many variables to think of... do you like sweet, more of a bite, really sweet? Want to drink with coke, neat, on the rocks? At this point I can't say I have a favorite. I came from the scotch world so I like the little bit of bite that Havana Club 7 has where some people would rather have a more sweet rum. Havana Club 3 is great for mojitos. I like Flor de Cana 7 year to mix with real coke and lime for a nice Cuba Libre. You just gotta jump right in. :)

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
1) Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva
2) Zaya Gran Reserva
3) Ron Zacapa Centenario

I don't drink white rums... just the above in order of preference. Neat, unless it's Zaya which is very sweet. I'll throw some ice into it. Diplomatico is very complex. I'd drink that neat all day long. I never had Havana Club so I can't comment on that one.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Ron Zaya 12 with an ice cube is my jam... But I like my Rum sweet and my scotch smokey and/or salty and/or heavy on the pete.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Because I am cheap, I am with KK33, got a little Captain in me right now. The wife and I go thru damn near a handle a week lately. We are not drunks, just enjoy having drinks.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Yeah the first time me and the Cap'n butted heads, I knew it was all over. Started out with coke and cubes, but now a guy damn near drinks it straight. I switched to gin when I started getting immune to smaller amounts of mix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
A few of my notables have been already mentioned.

I had the opportunity to buy a bottle of Goslings old or whatever its called. Very nice and complex. For white I like 10 cane. Ron zacapa and zaya are good standby dark sipping rums. I have. New bottle that I haven't tried yet and cant remember the name right now. Ron pampero is good and so is a rum I have from Nepal. I cant remember it name either, but mine is gurkha knife bottle.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Me too, I was :eek:fftopic: but TPB is a f@&king hilarious show! Please resume the topic. The best rum I ever had was in a leather pouch. My buddy always has it at his house and I can't remember the name to save my life. I am waiting on a reply from him and will report the outcome.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The best Rum I have ever had was in the Bahamas I think it was Ole Nassua dark rum? But it was very tasty and flavorful. I can't remember the cost because I have not been to the Bahamas since 2003. But I haven't found anything similar.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Matusalem,Zacapa,Flor de Cano,Diplomatico.........And especially Pyrat.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Diplomatico Reserva is tops on my list neat
Zaya rocks
Got bottles of HC 7 & Anejo collecting dust. Just doesn't suit me. Legendario is on my must try list still