What's new

Favorite sub $30 whiskey

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm going camping Friday after next and I'm looking for a bottle of whiskey to take with me. That being said, what's your favorite sub $30 bottle of whiskey?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Do you have a Sam's or a Costco near you? I seem to buy more Bullet Bourbon then I care to admit because it's pretty reasonable. Not sure how many sub $30 Scotches you can find but Highland Park 12 for the peat to complement the campfire and most people will drink Johnny Walker Black if you want to share with your friends.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Glenlivet 12 year can be scored for under 30 balloons at Trader Joe's or Costco out here. Not sure what the availability & prices are like near you...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Do you have a Sam's or a Costco near you? I seem to buy more Bullet Bourbon then I care to admit because it's pretty reasonable. Not sure how many sub $30 Scotches you can find but Highland Park 12 for the peat to complement the campfire and most people will drink Johnny Walker Black if you want to share with your friends.
No Sam's or Costco within 30 or so minutes from me so we dont have a membership. I've had bullet rule before and remember enjoying it. I do love me some scotch. I'll keep an eye out for the highland park 12.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Glenlivet 12 year can be scored for under 30 balloons at Trader Joe's or Costco out here. Not sure what the availability & prices are like near you...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Trader Joe's, or any grocery store for that matter, doesnt sell liquor here as it's illegal. I'll keep an eye out on prices at the liquor store though!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Weller Special Reserve. Can be hard to find though. Wild Turkey 101 is good and readily available.
Love Weller but you're right, it's super hard to find right now. I bought a handle last time I saw it but haven't seen another in probably 18+ months :(

DanceOnTheBlackTop

Get to da choppa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Sam's or Costco within 30 or so minutes from me so we dont have a membership. I've had bullet rule before and remember enjoying it. I do love me some scotch. I'll keep an eye out for the highland park 12.

You dont need a Sam's club or Costco membership to buy liquor or smokes. That's a government thing... at least in Michigan it is.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Aren't Liquor and Tobacco Laws primarily State's rights issues? I'll ask customer service at Sam's next time I go but that's the first I'm hearing of it. I don't think our Sam's sells tobacco.

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Local liquor taxes vary from state to state but out here in Hawaii you can get Glenlivet 12 at Costco for $30.99, Buffalo Trace at the local wine/liquor store for roughly $28 and sometimes you will find Eagle Rare in stock for $39.99. I have seen the 1.75 liter Bulleit at Costco as well but I don’t recall the price. I would imagine all my prices are a few $$$ higher since I am in Honolulu.

Depending on how you favor scotch or bourbon I would go with Glenlivet 12 or Buffalo Trace.

If you are only buying liquor at Costco they do not require a membership in most states. It has to do something with state liquor laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The Costco here on LI, is built into part of the actual store but the entrance is outside and no membership needed. All depends on the state and laws. I’ve seen pictures of brand name alcohol actually inside the club.

And I think Evan Williams single barrel is a good sipping whiskey??

I’d agree with others, buffalo trace and eagle rare are 2 good choices.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Jefferson’s is just over $30 at least where I am, $33, but a good value. I agree with the others on BT and Eagle Rare but both been hard to find for me as well. Weller I can’t get other than lottery or special store occasions. Was able to snag 3 a couple months ago and damn glad I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk