What's new

Feral Flying Pig - Craft Beer pairing?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Enjoying a bbq with some family and military friends of mine today.
We all want to smoke something special in remembrance so I'm about to indulge in my first Feral Flying Pig.

Never had one before and I want to pair a nice craft beer with it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Went with this bad boy. Aged 1 year. Creaminess of the strong IPA fits the dark bold profile of the Pig.

Thanks for the suggestions tho! Will keep in mind for my next pig.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Would have gone with a BA RIS, RIS, coffee stout or a robust porter. Maybe even a Northern English brown ale. I don't think hoppy beers pair well with cigars but thats just me.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Would have gone with a BA RIS, RIS, coffee stout or a robust porter. Maybe even a Northern English brown ale. I don't think hoppy beers pair well with cigars but thats just me.
They can't be too fruity or low ABV.
The Devil Dancer is 12% so it cuts through the cigar well. Stronger IPAs can sometimes be more towards the creamy side rather than light and hoppy or floral.

Being 90 degrees here, didn't think a stout would be the best, most refreshing choice. But otherwise I agree, stouts, barrel beers and such are fantastic with cigars.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They can't be too fruity or low ABV.
The Devil Dancer is 12% so it cuts through the cigar well. Stronger IPAs can sometimes be more towards the creamy side rather than light and hoppy or floral.

Being 90 degrees here, didn't think a stout would be the best, most refreshing choice. But otherwise I agree, stouts, barrel beers and such are fantastic with cigars.
Personally it's more about the bitterness and resinous notes I think clash and overwhelm the cigar. IMO maltier styles better compliment cigars especially those that are brewed using roasted malts.
A BBA RIS might be a bit much in the heat but a good northern or southern English brown ale should be pretty refreshing.