What's new

Finally getting into different stuff and looking for on-line retailer

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Finally getting into the finer scotches and bourbons and would like to explore on-line retailers. I prefer not to pay duties and huge shipping costs so is there anyplace you would recommend?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I honeslty do not know if they can ship those thing cross State Lines, because of local & state laws. Would be interested to know.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I honeslty do not know if they can ship those thing cross State Lines, because of local & state laws. Would be interested to know.
Every state has different laws, for both the buyer and vendor. Really depends on both the retailer and customer's location.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well out by me we have BevMo, Total Wine & Liquor, CVS, Wal-Greens all have pretty good prices on spirits. The hard to find stuff because it is hard to find always goes for more then retail, if you can find it for sale.

I drink PBR Beer, like Bullet Bourbon, or Makers Mark. All that stuff is alway on sale somewhere. Walley world has PBR for like $15.00 Bucks for a 24 pack everyday.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Checking around on-line I found things considerably cheaper then I can find in the finer stores here but by the time I add shipping, and have to be home to sign for it the costs probably come out the same.

An Example Balvenie 12yr Caribbean Cask on line is $66 plus $18 shipping. I can buy it locally for $86 then I have to add 10% sales tax to it.

In the long run it would probably be better to just develop a relationship with one of the small local stores and ask them to order it for me. After all I live in suburban New Orleans and if anybody has access to good liquor.........

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Checking around on-line I found things considerably cheaper then I can find in the finer stores here but by the time I add shipping, and have to be home to sign for it the costs probably come out the same.

An Example Balvenie 12yr Caribbean Cask on line is $66 plus $18 shipping. I can buy it locally for $86 then I have to add 10% sales tax to it.

In the long run it would probably be better to just develop a relationship with one of the small local stores and ask them to order it for me. After all I live in suburban New Orleans and if anybody has access to good liquor.........
What was the point of this thread

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I've found getting to know managers of a couple local places will allow you a heads up on incoming bottles and sometimes the ability for choice selections to be held behind the counter. This also works quite a bit with craft beers. A local chain puts out emails with VIP reservation ability and encourages it also through their app. Some grocery chains are really getting into the high end bottles as well, and usually offer better sales and discounts than any liquor store. Kroger does this here.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the information, We go B&M touring fairly often, maybe it's time to include a couple of liquor shops in the trip. I don't see myself buying so much liquor that paying a bit more per bottle is a killer. Like you said, sign up for every email list and keep my eyes open.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I bought some bottles from citywinecellar. Got bottle of lagavulin, usually $100 in stores, for 60 and then - 15% coupon

Only regret is I should've bought more, but I didn't know I would like it so much

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You just googled for the discount codes are did they send it to you after you made your original purchase?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Networking with local shops is good. That’s most likely your best bet. And, even if you have family in other states too ask them on their next liquor store visit to ask or look for something you’re on the hunt to get.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
You just googled for the discount codes are did they send it to you after you made your original purchase?
I can't recall, maybe google maybe signed up for email list and got the code immediately?

That particular scotch is not available on there and of it were would be very overpriced, but I keep checking for steals on stuff I like or am curious to try.

The wife is not keen on buying more until I have the guys over to "drink what I have and smoke cigars".. speaking of which I have a glenfiddich 18 I'm dying to pour hopefully tomorrow night if it's nice enough out and have a smoke

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk