What's new

Finish to my trip to Korea

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I will be leaving Korea in the morning. I am ready to be home. The trip has been successful in two ways- 1-my reason for comming here (ensuring a test that is required by the Korean government gets off to a proper start and teaching my Korean co-workers and a few people in the Korean government how to conduct the first phase of the test). 2- Was able to experience Korea and their food without becoming violently ill.

We awoke this morning travelled 1 hour and found that the results that we wanted to see were there. Much uncertainty for success was felt by all yesterday. Not just good results but great results.

We left there and to celebrate my host suggested we celebrate with a special lunch- Fresh Fish Soup. Sounded scary, but as I have told him all week, "I'll eat anything once." He assured me the fish would be cooked. The soup was good- conatined 3 whole catfish, snails, vegetables, and some sort of noodle.

Back to the hotel- Smoked a bowl of Boswell's Christmas Cookie- Great Stuff!

To the companies local office to send news to the rest of the world of our success.

At the end of the workday we went to eat with a few members of the office staff. We went to a German style Beer House for Brats and Beer.

Oh yea, the cigar part come now:
My host and I have discussed cigars all week, he doesn't smoke them but has told me he would like to smoke one with me. All I have left are 2 Rocky Patel Edge Corojo Torpedo's. I cut them both light mine and helped him light his. He is amazed at how strong the flavor is and tells me right away that he doesn't really like it. That's OK- he has been keeping up with me all week.
Well he continues smoking it, about half way he says, "Wow, the flavor has changed. I like it!". He smoked it down to about 1 inch and told me that the next time he comes to our coporate office we are going to one of the local shops and he will smoke again.
Introducing cigars one person at a time until all are BOTLs.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Texas Cop said:
Introducing cigars one person at a time until all are BOTLs./
I love it! Next time you're in Korea, drop me a line, and we'll try and hook up!

Andrew
Looks like a 50/50 chance of me returning in September. It all depends how the remaining test goes (the part I am not involved in). If so, we'll see what we can do. Where are you stationed?

DWSC_Bob

Bearded Wonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good work! This is how we can effect change, one person at a time, one step at a time. This is also why I reccommend against giving out dog rockets when people ask to smoke a cigar, you just never know.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I love conversions...makes it harder to pass laws against us. I hate conversions....less good cigars to go around.

Just kiddin bro...keep up the good work!!!

:hysterica

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Great Job! I spent a few weeks in Korea in the svc. Pusan and Chinhay(spelling??). Pretty scary though. The town/city had a curfew where we were. If you were out on the streets after the curfew, bad luck gotcha!! Ate some different things there too, Kim Chee plays havoc with your breath :drool:

Have a safe trip home.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
No one said anything about a curfew while ai was there. But I was always told not to the leave the hotel by myself. I didn't see any problems.

By they way, made it home after 14 hours in the air to Atlanta, a 3 hour layover and then an hour to Raleigh. Good to be home. Now if the swelling in my feet would go down, I would be in good shape.