What's new

first line up

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
so time to start narrowing our choices so we can come up with the first batch for next month's buy.

remember that our budget is $850. nominate 5 boxes that you'd like to possibily get and then we'll argue like bitches until we settle the grouping :smt043

cohiba corona especiales
h. upmann lonsdales
bolivar coronas
vegas robaina classicos
ramon allones specially selected

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
I only know that manuel has the RyJ EL Robustos for $325 at the current value of the dollar. Of course he has free shipping as well.

just to make sure, is our goal always/usually going to be getting 5 boxes for the $850. Makes sense to, IMO, but just wondering.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
scott -- well try to get as close to $850 as possible. so shit, one month we made decide to blow most of our budget on a millenium jar or something. then we wouldn't have much wiggle room to work with after that.

but whatever money is left over will go into a kitty, which you can cash out, let it carry over into your next month, or we let it accumulate for future "special" purchases

cohiba corona especiales
ERDH Choix Supreme
Vegas Robaina Famosos
Partagas Serie D No. 4
Monte #5

This should be close. I didn't go and look at prices. All the choices given so far look pretty good.

scottsins

Gotcha jorge. i guess one month we could go with some 400 dollar box, and then Monte #5's, reyes, sig I's (maybe) and party shorts.

p.s.--I like danny's lineup above this, except i would like the VR Clasicos in place of the Famosos. I only have a couple left, and I LOVE 'em.

I also know that Dr. Evil has a soft spot for the Clasico.

just to make sure, is our goal always/usually going to be getting 5 boxes for the $850.
5 a month would be nice but I doubt it's sustainable without either buying the same "cheap" boxes or buying a lot of small smokes.

How about this:

Each period, one of us is responsible for selecting a list of boxes that fall within our budget. Preferrably 2 groups 5 boxes, a 4 boxer and a 3 boxer. Then we vote on those. ?

scottsins said:
Gotcha jorge. i guess one month we could go with some 400 dollar box, and then Monte #5's, reyes, sig I's (maybe) and party shorts.

p.s.--I like danny's lineup above this, except i would like the VR Clasicos in place of the Famosos. I only have a couple left, and I LOVE 'em.

I also know that Dr. Evil has a soft spot for the Clasico.
The Clasico is cool with me.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
sounds like a plan to me, beegee. but as long as you work some cohiba coronas especiales into the equation I'll be down for whatever :smt043

scottsins

Good idea B.J., but wouldn't that be 3 groups?

I think this is the winning strategy, BTW.

We also need to decide (I think we already have) which cources are approved for purchases. If we hear of a new one not prev. approved, it would take unanimous approval before any buy's could be made from it.

I would think that we could order from multiple places each month, as long as no add'l shipping costs are incurred.