What's new

Fishermen, I'm going fishing

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Unspecified Bunker in El Paso - status: vagabond
Alright Gents, I'm going fishing next month.

So my uncle goes deep sea fishing every couple of years and this year I'm joining him. A little last minute, seeing as how it's just in a few weeks.

I'm getting my Pelican 1400 case, I'm throwing a few Bovedas in there and I'm loading it up with good sticks. I'm gonna throw plenty of average sticks to share and plenty for me. (8 days at sea)

What would you bring?

If it's something not quickly or easily acquired let me know how much it'll be to help you part with it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
8 days out? Thats a long trip.

And take mid range stuff and nothing higher, the wind will be brutal on the cigars.

Enjoy the fishing tho

Also small batch has a sale right now if you need some gars

CODE: SBCM50 = 15% off plus a free surprise cigar on purchase of $50+

CODE: SBCM100 = 15% off plus a free Xikar Flash SBC Lighter on purchase of $100+

Cheers Killer

@bostoneo

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Have a great trip, 8 days at sea is a long time, hope you have great weather.
May want to be careful the first couple of days until you find out how the ride and a cigar will affect your stomach.
I've smoked many cigars on ship. Takes a lot more than waves to kick my stomach.

I'm really just curious for suggestions, I want to try new stuff. But now I want to be cautious because I didn't take the wind into account.

PamunkeyHub

Jayson
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
8 days out? Thats a long trip.
And take mid range stuff and nothing higher, the wind will be brutal on the cigars.
This. I never take anything I wouldn't mind pitching at anytime offshore. However, with a boat that size, is there anywhere you can smoke inside or sheltered from the wind? If so, game on.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
i wouldn't bring anything special unless its for just before the voyage or for the last day. to help you remember the good time you had. anything warped would be a treat
That's what I was thinking. I checked with my Uncle who's done this trip a few times before and he claims that when they're anchored the wind eases but generally on the deck behind the hull it's fair smoking game.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yep, turned out I really couldn't smoke too well out there. Don't get me wrong, I definitely got one in a night but I wouldn't dare take the good ones out.

On a separate note, if any of you have contemplated a long offshore fishing trip, do it.

Even better, came back with 400lbs (190 after processing) of great fish.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yep, turned out I really couldn't smoke too well out there. Don't get me wrong, I definitely got one in a night but I wouldn't dare take the good ones out.

On a separate note, if any of you have contemplated a long offshore fishing trip, do it.

Even better, came back with 400lbs (190 after processing) of great fish.

Dude, that's some big bait. Where do ya find minners that size?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Dude, that's some big bait. Where do ya find minners that size?
Love it. Unfortunately Waters were very cold for June, most of the time in the 60's. So the bigger guys were further south. S'Okay, the Yellowtail in that pic was in the 20's and many of the ones I got were bigger than him.

In other words... Don't be jealous

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Love it. Unfortunately Waters were very cold for June, most of the time in the 60's. So the bigger guys were further south. S'Okay, the Yellowtail in that pic was in the 20's and many of the ones I got were bigger than him.

In other words... Don't be jealous

I guarantee I'm jealous! Looks and sounds like a great way to spend 8 days of your life.