What's new

Fishing Boats and Gear

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
@Opie recommended. Alumicraft 185 was actually gonna be my first guess but the gunnels looked short.

I've got a Tracker 165 or some shit and a 22 ft TMC pontoon. Looking to upgrade the fishing boat one of these year and am seriously considering the Alumicraft 185 or bigger. How do like yours? Electronics?

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
@Opie recommended. Alumicraft 185 was actually gonna be my first guess but the gunnels looked short.

I've got a Tracker 165 or some shit and a 22 ft TMC pontoon. Looking to upgrade the fishing boat one of these year and am seriously considering the Alumicraft 185 or bigger. How do like yours? Electronics?
Where’s the pictures?! Come on!

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I have a garmin gps/chart plotter/fish finder with side view. Not a huge fan, I’ll probably replace it at some point. I need the saltwater maps and garmin is proprietary and only allows their chips at $400. When everyone else is $150. Bought the boat used, and it came with it.

Now that we have a gear thread I’ll have to take some more pics of some of my crap next time I’m out.

It’s nothing fancy, but I enjoy the hell out of it.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Nice! I went back and forth deciding between side or dual console. I love the extra room that you have, but ultimately didn’t want the wet (er) ride when I fish costal water.
That's part of why I haven't pulled the trigger on fishing rig up grade. Can't make up my mind on walk through or console!!!

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Yes sir. Northern Wisconsin, bout a 2 hr drive from home
That’s awesome, I’d love to have a place with a dock someday. Rented a house on a tiny lake for a few years, nothing better than being able to walk out the back door and wet a line.