What's new

Flat Panel TV's

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Looking for a new flat screen as the VCR in my 13 inch TV went out. I'm not really up-to-date of what new options I should be looking for. The size I'm looking for is 20 - 30in. flat panel TV. I figure someone here has to be well versed in the new hip products coming out :wtf:

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Are you looking for a flat tube or something like an LCD?

LCD = agreed the Sharp Aquos has a great picture. Circuit city seems to consistantly have the best deal on their online store as well. With the letterbox format, tvs appear to be smaller than when viewed in a 4:3 format so you may want to get something in the 32" range ($1600 on sale at CC & 26" is $1300).

I would also suggest the Panasonics!

Runner ups go to LG or Samsung.

This is JUST for smaller LCDs though...larger LCDs, plasmas and DLPs have a different list (IMHO, of course).

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
N2Advnture said:
Are you looking for a flat tube or something like an LCD?

LCD = agreed the Sharp Aquos has a great picture. Circuit city seems to consistantly have the best deal on their online store as well. With the letterbox format, tvs appear to be smaller than when viewed in a 4:3 format so you may want to get something in the 32" range ($1600 on sale at CC & 26" is $1300).

I would also suggest the Panasonics!

Runner ups go to LG or Samsung.

This is JUST for smaller LCDs though...larger LCDs, plasmas and DLPs have a different list (IMHO, of course).
Good info...I'll be on the lookout for deals on Sharp's Aquos series. I'm talking about flat panel which would be may'be 2-3 inches in depth.