What's new

Flor De Oro Reserva Especial

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
A good of mine from the Dominican Republic brought these back for me last year. They are regarded by the locals to be some of the best cigars available. Most tourists wouldn't even be able to find these. They were rolled by a old man right in front of her with 100% Dominican tobacco. Today was the perfect morning to set one on fire with my morning coffee.
When I took it out of it's two stick box I noticed this churchill size stick had just a slight box press. The wrapper was extremely light & fragile.
The pre-draw was tight & tasted very grassy. Almost a bit like a Cuban cigar.
On the first third the draw opened up. I got a huge taste of sweet grass. I could tell this stick was going to be perfect. I picked up waves of vanilla & honey as well.
The ash was white & light grey. It was very flaky & pieces came off in the light breeze. It held fast for the first inch, then dropped off.
The second third it started to get more creamy. It got a occasional slight hint of light spice.
The smoke is light & airey.
The last third the vanilla & sweet grass flavor took over. The honey was still there, just not astrong as it was.
This cigar was a perfect moring smoke. I'd call it a mild to a medium. An instant hit on a beautiful spring day. I'm going to need to get a few more of these.