What's new

Florida Keys/Miami

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Soo change of plans. Neither my best friend nor my mother want to be cold AT ALL so I'm sol for now. Instead they wanted warm weather but don't plan on hitting the beach which is okay by me. So I figured why not suggest the keys and it sounds like it's gonna happen. Which also means I get to completely indulge on my cigar hunger once down there. Unsure of dates but looking at early December right now. 2 day stay in Miami then a drive down to Marathon to stay at a place there for about 6 days. Hitting up Key West at one point and all the lovely (cigar) places along the way.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Meh. Thanks Zika virus for throwing a halt to plans. Still looking at going in December so maybe by then it'll be a non problem but my best friend is all paranoid about it now. I keep trying to tell him that cigar smoke will keep them away! He's not convinced unfortunately.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My buddy Chris works at the Cork and Stogie in Key West. If you want top notch smokes and craft beer hit them up. I think they even have Opus for sale.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hell spend all your time in the Keys. Better than Miami anyhow.
Thinking of doing just that. We're looking at a place in Marathon that really makes it sound pretty nice there. I believe the name is Tranquility somethingsomething. Looking to take a cottage for about 8 days, maybe longer if we cut out Miami.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
My wife and I were lucky enough to live in the keys from 99 to 2009. We miss it dearly. We lived on Big Pine Key.

I don't remember there being any good cigar shops other than in key West and they came and went over the decade I was there. I would make sure to bring plenty of cigars.

Marathon gets pretty quiet early. There are a few good restaurants. Marathon to key West is only 50 miles but it will be an hour + to get there.

If you can go to calle ocho in Miami and visit the factory store fronts it's definitely worth the trip. I would go during day light hours.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I gotta just stop talking about going somewhere. Best friend can't take any time off for December so it's in to the next year. Plus he's never been on a plane and I quote "won't risk dying on a plane to crash in the states". So back to somewhere else. He said west.. not Hawaii. NZ maybe. Definitely not AUS. Meh I dunno. I'll have to visit the keys by myself one day it seems.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I gotta just stop talking about going somewhere. Best friend can't take any time off for December so it's in to the next year. Plus he's never been on a plane and I quote "won't risk dying on a plane to crash in the states". So back to somewhere else. He said west.. not Hawaii. NZ maybe. Definitely not AUS. Meh I dunno. I'll have to visit the keys by myself one day it seems.
I take a cruise by myself every year....it's a 4 night cruise that goes to Nassau and Key West and it works out perfect...leave out of Miami and for $199 for 4 nights...seriously, how can you beat it? You're in Key West all day from 8 til 4pm...gives you more than enough time to peruse the area and they have some great Cigar Places where they roll their own...they are really good. Key Lime Pie is to die for....Garbos Grill is a "must" visit for great food and just strolling the area makes the day go faster than you want it to. After going back to the ship you can smoke your cigars onboard and eat til you explode.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just got back from Miami/Ft Lauderdale yesterday...

I didn't see any bugs, and would be more worried about the plane loads of pesticide they are dumping everywhere killing you instead of the Zika