What's new

Florida visit Oct 17 and 18, 2007

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Seems my family visit before the Tampa HERF fell apart rather quickly. I was going to fly into Jacksonville, but Miami with the nice environment and large number of cigar shops thought it would be better to start my FL visit there. So now I have the entire day Wednesday Oct 17 and Thursday 18 to fill up the time.

So before I change my arrival city (and IF I can thru Airtran), what should I do for in Miami? I certainly want to visit Little Havana and hit as many cigar shops as I can, walking around for the day soaking things up. I may spend one day in Miami and another day somewhere else. I am not a bar person, rather stick to site-seeing or tourist type things. Open to ideas and thoughts.

Thanks!

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
South Beach, definitely South Beach. I don't know how many cigar shops there are but the scenery is awesome.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
My grandparents house in Naples got flooded so now it looks like I am going to switch to a flight going to Tampa.

But yeah Calle Ocho, have some awesome cuban food and check out the cigar factories etc. Theres South Beach (cigar girls by the restaurants, versace's house where he was shot etc). Also Bayside market place. Usually stuff going on there at night too.

Might want to check out everglades tours, the zoo and seaquarium, and jungle island.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Thanks guys. So far I plan on visiting El rey de los Habanos (Pepin) cigar factory and the Little Havana Cigar Shop. I think 8th street is in Little Havana and all seem to be walking distance apart from one another (Calle Ocho too). I think Wednesday is book up, still thinking what to do Thursday.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Thanks guys. So far I plan on visiting El rey de los Habanos (Pepin) cigar factory and the Little Havana Cigar Shop. I think 8th street is in Little Havana and all seem to be walking distance apart from one another (Calle Ocho too). I think Wednesday is book up, still thinking what to do Thursday.
Yeah 8th street is like the main street in little havana where all the stuff is. So theres some good little restaurants and places to get some cuban style espresso, cigar factories, old dudes playing dominoes in the park etc.