What's new

Flying Solo

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
A big shout-out to my son / herfing buddy, who we moved into his dorm today two states away. I cannot comprehend how quickly 18 years evaporated before my eyes. Thanks for helping me understand the meaning of life. (y) Burning an L40 Lancero in honor of your many successes, past and present. Miss you already. God bless! I'll keep your chair warm until you come home for a stick...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
It's tough to see them spread their wings, but it sure beats the alternative. Congratulations on raising a son who is learning to fly.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Congrats brother. Just had this experience myself and my son and I are doing the virtual herf thing. No one tells us how tough the empty nest thing is but, that's another off-topic post.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm 43 and live 3 hours away from my father, but we still talk on the phone 2 times a week. He'll always be my best and most trusted friend. Just make a point to keep in touch with each other.

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
He should most definitely start a cigar club of some kind, even if it's just an informal get together. Cigars are a catalyst for fellowship, he can build strong bonds through it. It will provide an opportunity for him and his friends to talk and help each other through the journey of manhood.

I had similar experiences myself, in college.

I do miss herfing with my dad, though...