What's new

For the brothers in virginia....

Puff13

Stogie Buster
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
here in stafford right by my house there is a really nice B&M with a big selection of cigars,i was wondering where some more shops are at around va...i know theres a JR'S in DC But i have not been there...

Matthew

Tobacco Beetle
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Two "okay" stores in Charlottesville, but nothing to get excited about.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
There's a pretty decent shop in Leesburg, located in Market Station. An acquaintence of mine opened it back in the 80's but recently sold out to a partner. They've also got a good selection of pipes and pipe tobacco's.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Puff, just accross the river from you is my regular cigar shop- Fredericksburg Tobacco and Gifts on Caroline St in Old Town. It's pretty much my home away from home. Any time Mon-Fri you wanna meet, let me know.

The place you go to in Stafford- Is it the one on 610, on the left twards Quantico? I didn't mention the name, because I've been there a couple of times and did not get good vibes from the guy who worked there. Nice walk-in, though. I'll stop by if I'm in the area to see if they have anything unusual, but that's about it.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Matthew said:
Two "okay" stores in Charlottesville, but nothing to get excited about.
There are actually three, but I would not ever recommend the one at Barracks Rd. (I'm witholding the name.) I've been there once. The walk-ins were sloppy, there was mold on several sticks and damage to some others.

Of the other 2 in C'ville, I'd recommend Aficionado's off of the Downtown Mall. Nice folks and they have a pretty good selection.

Matthew

Tobacco Beetle
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Doofus said:
There are actually three, but I would not ever recommend the one at Barracks Rd. (I'm witholding the name.) I've been there once. The walk-ins were sloppy, there was mold on several sticks and damage to some others.

Of the other 2 in C'ville, I'd recommend Aficionado's off of the Downtown Mall. Nice folks and they have a pretty good selection.
That's why I said "two" :wink: I could tell you stories about the guy at Barracks Road; very disturbing. I'd recommend "Tobacconist and Gifts" off Hwy 29 at the Giant Center for cigars and your Aficionado for pipe tobacco...

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Matthew said:
I'd recommend "Tobacconist and Gifts" off Hwy 29 at the Giant Center for cigars and your Aficionado for pipe tobacco...
Jack at T&G is a nice guy and he has a pretty decent house brand, made by Perdomo. I try to stop by for a few when I'm in the 'Ville.