What's new

For those with fire sticks or fire tv cord cutters

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Im a big Kodi fan on the fire platforms. Though every few months you have to update addons because they shut down the sources. Through a friend I have found Set TV https://www.setvnow.com
20$ a month. So like 500 channels (premiums too), free ppv events, on demand movies and tv shows which look to come from kodi sources. I have been using it for a week and am impressed. My bud has had it for 3 months. I would guess eventually it will be shut down but for $20 a month I'm going with it until it dies.

I am not a partner and have no stake in this.
Pros:
80% of what you watch is HD.
What you would find on kodi "in theaters" is available.
On demand TV shows are all there. (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon as well)
Every NBA MLB NFL channel available.(you just might be watching the broadcast from another market and not hear your local hosts)

Cons:
No search for On demand Movies (genres only)
No search for TV shows (you have to scroll the list)
Every now and then a TV show will buffer.

Installation is done through ES file explorer or a file manager you have to download and then point it toward the url they supply.

I got rid of the 120 channel Direct TV Now I had for this. I am happy with the service.

Maybe if a few people ask I can post a walkthrough for the install. They give you access codes for 3 devices one can be a mobile device.

I believe there is a 24 hr free trial with no CC needed just a email address.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Im a big Kodi fan on the fire platforms. Though every few months you have to update addons because they shut down the sources. Through a friend I have found Set TV https://www.setvnow.com
20$ a month. So like 500 channels (premiums too), free ppv events, on demand movies and tv shows which look to come from kodi sources. I have been using it for a week and am impressed. My bud has had it for 3 months. I would guess eventually it will be shut down but for $20 a month I'm going with it until it dies.

I am not a partner and have no stake in this.
Pros:
80% of what you watch is HD.
What you would find on kodi "in theaters" is available.
On demand TV shows are all there. (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon as well)
Every NBA MLB NFL channel available.(you just might be watching the broadcast from another market and not hear your local hosts)

Cons:
No search for On demand Movies (genres only)
No search for TV shows (you have to scroll the list)
Every now and then a TV show will buffer.

Installation is done through ES file explorer or a file manager you have to download and then point it toward the url they supply.

I got rid of the 120 channel Direct TV Now I had for this. I am happy with the service.

Maybe if a few people ask I can post a walkthrough for the install. They give you access codes for 3 devices one can be a mobile device.

I believe there is a 24 hr free trial with no CC needed just a email address.
Sounds interesting. Could I use it on a raspberry pi?

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Sounds interesting. Could I use it on a raspberry pi?
Nope If you run an osmc image maybe you can find their install as an addon?
But 29 or 35 bucks for a refurbished fire stick that will perform better is the better option.

Do you know if they get the NHL channels?
Yes 1 NHL network. so game of the night maybe. There are the sky sports and bien sport channels as well there is a list on their home page you can search by category.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yep.
I know eventually Ill go back to Direct TV Now when this gets cut off. The 25$ discount given with AT&T unlimited customers as well as HBO for free forever was why I had it. Being able to sign in to any networks streaming services with the Direct TV Now credentials was a pluss too.