What's new

Foraging! Berries, Fruit, Mushrooms and other wild edibles.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Berry season is ON in the mountains of the south east!
Fantastic morning with my 6 year Old, gathering Huckleberries (wild blueberry) in some patches that are producing amazingly since the mountain was logged.
20180623_123957.jpg
The bi polar weather this spring has made for a Really weird Berry year though. Everything is coming in at the same time. Black raspberries which should be first are coming in at the same time as blackberry, which are coming in before raspberry which should be weeks apart in the opposite direction! o_O

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Berry season is ON in the mountains of the south east!
Fantastic morning with my 6 year Old, gathering Huckleberries (wild blueberry) in some patches that are producing amazingly since the mountain was logged.
View attachment 115965
The bi polar weather this spring has made for a Really weird Berry year though. Everything is coming in at the same time. Black raspberries which should be first are coming in at the same time as blackberry, which are coming in before raspberry which should be weeks apart in the opposite direction! o_O
Nice backyard you got there Jeremy!

Rating - 100%
59   0   0

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Probably what I miss most about living in Portland. There's not much but mulberries here, and an occasional raspberry busy in someone's backyard. At my apartment in Portland, without leaving my block, I would find kumquats, figs, Marion/blackberry, apples, pears, Asian pears, mint, rosemary, squash, tomatoes (I was growing those)…probably some other shit, too. Had to go two blocks over for blueberries.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Probably what I miss most about living in Portland. There's not much but mulberries here, and an occasional raspberry busy in someone's backyard. At my apartment in Portland, without leaving my block, I would find kumquats, figs, Marion/blackberry, apples, pears, Asian pears, mint, rosemary, squash, tomatoes (I was growing those)…probably some other shit, too. Had to go two blocks over for blueberries.
Nice! Well, messy and difficult as they are, Mulberry are probably the best tasting fruit there is. Sadly no garden this year. Hopefully next.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
its all hitting at the same time here too.. blueberries, huckleberries, blackberries, plums, and pholiotina are coming in strong.. My citrus and peach trees aren't doing very well though, I think they got effed up over the crazy winter.. I mean, it did snow 3x this year!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
its all hitting at the same time here too.. blueberries, huckleberries, blackberries, plums, and pholiotina are coming in strong.. My citrus and peach trees aren't doing very well though, I think they got effed up over the crazy winter.. I mean, it did snow 3x this year!
It's weird for sure. I think my peach blooms got frosted off. Didn't see many and I don't think I have a single peach forming. Won't even be able to consider citrus till I can build a glass house into the side of the mountain.

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Thanks Steve! My house is rough, and I'm still trying to buy out a neighbor that sucks to an extreme degree, but the 1000+ acres of forest, mountain and trails behind me, is pretty badass.
View attachment 115982
View attachment 115986
Very Cool! Nice to see you are getting the kid involved as well. My younger brother and his family moved out of the city last year and now have 2 goats, 3 ducks, and 10 chickens for eggs.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Very Cool! Nice to see you are getting the kid involved as well. My younger brother and his family moved out of the city last year and now have 2 goats, 3 ducks, and 10 chickens for eggs.
Nice! I have a real love/hate relationship with my goats.. :meh:

Got a couple of better pics of the "back yard" today. :ROFLMAO:
20180624_201737.jpg
20180624_201821.jpg