What's new

Force Awakens appreciation thread!(careful for some spoilers)

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Super good guys! just got back from the theater and I will be going back some time this weekend to see it again with my buddies when they go. I have some more fleshed out thoughts but to keep this place spoiler free for now i think I'll just say it was incredibly well done, feels more like the original films, and I'd recommend it very much.

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
But does it make up for Disney quashing 30+ years of the EU? Big Thrawn Trilogy fan here.
hmm...fuck Disney, I'm just gonna think of this as a whole separate thing. the EU is over there, and this is over here, and they're two completely separate things.

I think that they coulda made this movie work using some element of Heir to the empire but I think it would just piss ppl off more than what they did to be honest. (like i think certain characters from the movie could be swapped with characters from the book, and the timeline could be completely ignored? i dunno, logistically it would be hard)

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Yea, I get that. Heir should have been made in the 80's. Just hate seeing so much world-building and fan expansionism chucked down the tubes or relegated to "Legacy". Call me bitter. Haha.

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
luckily where i live ppl dont go too crazy. yeah the theatre was full, but we got there like 30 min before the start of the movie and got second row dead center. we werent in the 3D though since we all agree that 3D can eat a dick

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Here my thoughts on the movie (Spoiler Alert):

***Possible spoilers below***

1) Visually it looked more like Return of the Jedi instead of the prequels. I liked the visual of the prequels more as the fight scenes looked more intense.
2) I hoped there would be more questions I had answered.
3) I wish you know who was in the movie more.
4) Who the hell is Snoke?
5) Is Finn a Jedi? He used a lightsaber.
6) Where the hell were the Knights of Ren?
7) It was very good, but also the storyline was too similar to the New Hope.

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
@ar2381
Here my thoughts on the movie (Spoiler Alert):

***Possible spoilers below***

1) Visually it looked more like Return of the Jedi instead of the prequels. I liked the visual of the prequels more as the fight scenes looked more intense.
-Personally I liked that they brought it back a little bit with the lightsaber fights. you have to remember that Rey and Fin had never held a lightsaber before, and that Kai lo ren is pretty rough as a Jedi and early in his training. other than that though I thought the mixture of old and new style special effects was well done.

2) I hoped there would be more questions I had answered.
-agreed, there are tons of things that would be nice to know, but I think they were trying to keep the movie streamlined and short(ish). seriously though, as spenny said they erased the EU cannon and then said nothing about what happened between RotJ and tFA...I guess there are some books/graphic novels that shed light on their pre movie exploits though, gonna look into it

3) I wish you know who was in the movie more.
-you mean that they used little known actors? That's a huge thing with these reboots nowadays, Getting little known talent to rejuvenate the series. plus most of the actors in A New Hope were no names also so this didn't bug me. I think everyone acted their part well anyway.

4) Who the hell is Snoke?
-he's space smegol. Middle earth had nothing left for him so he build a rocket shit and went to find the one ring among the stars. This point is proven by the fact that andy serkis played the roll. space smegol.

5) Is Finn a Jedi? He used a lightsaber.
-you don't have to be a jedi to use a lightsaber. you have to be attuned to the force to make one, but after that it's just like any other sword.

6) Where the hell were the Knights of Ren?
-indeed.

7) It was very good, but also the storyline was too similar to the New Hope.
-Yeah, absolutely they drew heavily from the plot of A New Hope. I kinda expected it though to be honest. look at JJ Abrams Star trek reboots, they were remixed versions of old movies. I wasn't surprised that something similar happened here, and to be honest it didn't bother me either but I could see it turn some ppl off.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Damn it! I am going on Sunday. I thought you were keeping this spoiler free. Had to skip the last two posts. But glad to hear its better than the prequels.