What's new

Fredericksburg 3/14, 3/15, 3/16

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Then Blanco and Buda. We'll be drinking wine, eating BBQ and visiting distilleries if anyone wants to get together and burn one!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Saw this and thought to recommend a stop at Alstadt Brewery in Fredericksburg. While I haven't been to the brewery myself, I have become a huge fan of their beer lately. I can only imagine it's even better on draft.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Then Blanco and Buda. We'll be drinking wine, eating BBQ and visiting distilleries if anyone wants to get together and burn one!
My wife love Fat Ass Winery. Aldorf’s is great for German Food! There’s a decent cigar store out there. Absolutely make sure you go by Rustlin’ Rob’s!!! And the National Museum of the Pacific War!

We go out there every summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks, waking up in Lockhart with BBQ stomach! Going to try and catch brunch at Aldstadt brewery

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
My wife love Fat Ass Winery. Aldorf’s is great for German Food! There’s a decent cigar store out there. Absolutely make sure you go by Rustlin’ Rob’s!!! And the National Museum of the Pacific War!

We go out there every summer.

Yes. All of this.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
In the interest of further enabling your enjoyment...the fact is that Elgin is on the way back to LA...and you should probably stop by Southside to get some Elgin hot sausage. It is the best sausage I've ever eaten. I absolutely love it.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
We drank and purchased so damn much wine I was only able to visit Garrison Brothers and Milam and Green distilleries. Just a note of warning, between all the smoked meat and Mexican food BRING THE ALKA SELTZER!

The Pacific War Museum is a hidden gem and well worth more then the 2 hours we gave it. Lyndon B Johnson State Park and Historical Center is well worth a visit. Sauer - Beckmann Living HIstory Farm was pretty neat and the staff was very interested in sharing the heritage of the area. Lyndon Johnson's Ranch is huge, we drove through the compound but didn't stop to visit the exhibits.

Took the long way home through Humble TX to avoid Houston traffic and visited their Total Wine to pickup some stuff we can't find around here then grabbed some Boudin and cracklins along Hwy 190

I posted some pics of my liquor purchases https://www.botl.org/threads/show-us-your-latest-beverage-purchase.41375/post-2213345