What's new

Free Oasis XL with cigar purchase

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
JR always misrepresents their cigars into looking wet and oily.
Definitely true in this case. I just received my box of those cigars today - very nice and normal looking cigars. I'll be waiting at least several days before I smoke any though - so can't vouch for the flavor and have never had these before. I've been looking to buy the Oasis XL anyway so this seemed like a pretty good deal.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I smoked one of those recently (NC RyJ anniversario black band).

I thought it sucked donkeybawlz. I complained the whole time I was smoking it and finally had to put it out. One of the three worst cigars I've had in recent months.

Of course, one of my herfin buddies thinks its the greatest cigar ever.

<shrug>

Guess that's why there are so many different cigars...to cover so many different individual tastes!

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Definitely true in this case. I just received my box of those cigars today - very nice and normal looking cigars. I'll be waiting at least several days before I smoke any though - so can't vouch for the flavor and have never had these before.
What up Dan! Where ya been?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I smoked one of those recently (NC RyJ anniversario black band).

I thought it sucked donkeybawlz. I complained the whole time I was smoking it and finally had to put it out. One of the three worst cigars I've had in recent months.

Of course, one of my herfin buddies thinks its the greatest cigar ever.

<shrug>

Guess that's why there are so many different cigars...to cover so many different individual tastes!

The reviews I've read have been pretty mixed also - seems to be a love or hate cigar. Hopefully I'll like them, but if not I have a couple of friends that will smoke anything I hand them as long as it's free:smokingco

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My kid likes RyJ's, and I want an Oasis, so this would normally be a no-brainer. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), his humidor is stock full, and all of my humidors, tupperdors, coolerdors and every nook and cranny are stock full of cigars right now, so I have to let it pass... Also, I think that if my wife saw any more cigars arrive, I'd be spending Christmas in traction. :smile:

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
My kid likes RyJ's, and I want an Oasis, so this would normally be a no-brainer. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), his humidor is stock full, and all of my humidors, tupperdors, coolerdors and every nook and cranny are stock full of cigars right now, so I have to let it pass... Also, I think that if my wife saw any more cigars arrive, I'd be spending Christmas in traction. :smile:
the box they come in is humidor-quality! as for the taste, i wasn't impressed at first, quite harsh,,,, had one the other night (after resting for about 9 months). no more harshness! a very good smoke!!

jeff

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
the box they come in is humidor-quality! as for the taste, i wasn't impressed at first, quite harsh,,,, had one the other night (after resting for about 9 months). no more harshness! a very good smoke!!

jeff
You're right, the box they come in is excellent! I'm glad to hear that there's a chance they'll turn out to be a nice smoke in several months. I'll probably wait at least 6 months before trying one again.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
That's not a bad deal, plus you get some cigars, good or bad you can at least give them away to people who really aren't cigar smokers.