What's new

Freeware video editor

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Does anyone know of a good free video editing software? I am working on a Youtube channel for the business and we need something that we can add a custom animation to and play music while cutting video as well.

Please inform me on the best of these types of software.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Unfortunately, you pay for what you get with the free stuff. If you plan on doing regular editing you should look at something that gives you a bit more flexibility.

I can tell you I used Sony Vegas for years (when it was owned by Sonic Foundry) and it was solid, when I was looking for some video editing software a few years ago I looked at Sony Vegas, but at $400 it was more than I wanted to spend. After looking around and weighing options I went with Sony Movie Studio Suite($139), the suite version has a bunch of effects, separate audio editor and DVD architect over the "Platinum "($79) version, well worth the extra money. Platinum will get it done however, albeit a bit less features in the long run.

I'm not sure that helps, but as someone who does it on occasion at work I personally would steer clear of the freeware and make a small investment. Going to need to make sure you have a computer that is capable of editing video too.

Here is a link for ya http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiopp

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
My youngest son got pretty good editing with iMovie on his iPhone. You can cut video do slow motion and add music and upload straight from your phone. Not sure if you have an iPhone or not Eddy @ENV . He has uploaded several videos to YouTube. Now he does gaming videos.