What's new

Fresh Cab of Mag 46

OFT

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, I'd like to say hello to all the B'sOTL and thanks for allowing me to post.

I'd like to relay a story of when I received a new cab of Mag 46's. Sorry, I forgot what the factory code is on these Ago 04’s. None the less, my cigar mooching co worker, saw the secretary bring in a package. He stuck his head in my office and said…. ”has the eagle landed?” Oh brother. :sarcastic

I said, “tell you what, you buy the scotch and I will share a puro with you.”

Being the lush that I am, I let the freshly opened cab air about 30 seconds. Three sticks were aged in the breast pocket of my blazer for about 17 minutes, which I calculated was sufficient aging time and also allowed us time to arrive at our local watering hole.

I ordered an Aberlour 15 y.o. neat and my friend ordered a fairly good Canadian Whiskey and Diet Coke. Upon hearing his order, I told him that there is no way am I going to let him smoke this Mag 46 with a diet coke flavored whiskey. He persuaded me to let him enjoy this wonderful ISOM in his own way.

I asked him to notice beautiful triple seam cap and the wonderful construction on this beautiful vitola. My friend grunted, “got a si-gar clip”?

The cigars took the flame and lit easily from the book of matches my friend provided, which were from a local topless bar where he had treated himself to the free lunch buffet that day.

The cigars, though young, had perfect draws that delivered beautiful volumes of smoke. The burn was flawless, creating a nice, layered grey and almost black ach. The flavor started out very nice with flavors of spice and cedar. The strength of this cigar grew, starting with a medium body and grew to a full to med-full body. About 2/3 through, I detected a slight bit of harshness, which I attributed to the youth and hurried consumption of this newly delivered jewel. My co-worker commented; “Damn this thing is strong” and then proceeded to get the hiccups.

This wonderful smoke lasted about 50 minutes. My friends lasted about 2 hours as he let it sit and slowly go out, while trying to talk the cute little blonde bar maid into joining up with him after she got off work.

While enjoying the wonderful scotch, I calculated that the freshly received cab of cigars had had another hour to age and therefore worthy of another road test. The aging of this wonderful cigar had done the trick. Again, the draw and burn was perfect. Along with more of the wonderful 15 y.o. Aberlour, the slight bitterness that had been experienced in the previous cigar was gone.

As I continued to enjoy my second cigar, third scotch and was truly celebrating the sublime, my friend answered his cell phone causing him to jump up and bolt toward the door exclaiming; “got to go buddy, see you tomorrow.” He once again left me with the bar tab. :smokingme

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
OFT said:
Three sticks were aged in the breast pocket of my blazer for about 17 minutes, which I calculated was sufficient aging time and also allowed us time to arrive at our local watering hole.
LMAO! That may be the funniest line I have read in a long time! :smokingbo

Thanks for sharing the story and welcome to BOTL!

David

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Welcome to botl. :welcome:

we can be your new friends.

But will you fall for the "you provide the mag 46 and bar tab trick again?"
:nodlaugh: :nodlaugh: :nodlaugh:

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i'm not a fan of these, but i'm going to have to give them another shot... i dont' know why i keep doing it, but i will.

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Great smoke,
These always have nice construction, burn and draw.
I find them medium bodied, not one for me to smoke on a full stomach.
Great Upman flavor.
Congrats on your score.