What's new

Friends pipes find worth?

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good friend I work with came across this collection and wants to sell them too me.
I know the estimated worth of most of these but one sticks out a bit. The commodore dr grabow. I dont want too low ball or cheat him as that bot the kind of person I am but am also intrigued.
What should i offer for the lot?
A fair price range would be appreciated and i know there are very knowledgable people here with much more experience than i.
Thanks,
Josh

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
the freehand is the only one worth having.
Grabow and Medico are drug store cheapies and contain metal fixings,which condenses water.
hence,the filters.
finished pipes like the red one burn hot and can discolor and split.
Thank him and walk away..........

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I’ll start off by saying I don’t no much about the values of estate pipes. Take this for what it’s worth, and that ain’t much.

If it were me I’d offer him $25 for the lot. They would be alright if you’re just looking for a few cheap knock around pipes for your collection or something to practice restoration on. That would be giving $5 a piece for the briars and I’m sure you could get $5 worth of use from them. I wouldn’t give anything for the cob as nicer ones can be had for less than $10 new. As for the tobacco pouches, $3-$4 for the plaid one, they can be had for $7-$8 new, maybe a tad more for the black one if it’s real leather. For the other items I’d just try to get him to throw them in for nothing or if you really want them give him a couple bucks.

Jody