What's new

Frontier Airlines

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Has anyone ever had this issue???
I booked a flight over a month ago for Labor Day through Frontier Air.
Round trip Philly to Denver.
My itinerary had me leaving at 7pm Thursday the 1st, and flying back from Denver at noon on the 5th.
I received an email this morning from Frontier stating they had adjusted my flights, and that they hope there was no inconvenience.
The new itinerary?
Leaving Philly at 6am Thursday the 1st and flying back from Denver at 12:30am on the 5th.
Wow, talk about an adjustment.
The kicker is that those times won't work due to
a. mandatory work training
b. I'm going to having some fun seeing my favorite band about an hour before that flight home.
No way man!
I called them, and the only thing Frontier said is that they can have me leave from another airport over an hour away, and still have shitty times.
Or, cancel my flight, give me a full refund and then I book through another airline. They will then consider paying me the difference it cost to book another flight, but no guarantee.
Anyway, not the end of the world, but I just had to vent.
If I was made of money, no big deal, but that is not the case.
It feels like this is yet another example of big business doing whatever they want at the expense of their customers.
Ugh, first world problems.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Spirit Airlines did this exact same thing to me with the flight my wife and I had booked for our honeymoon. The times they gave us wouldn't work and we were obviously not that flexible with, ya know, our WEDDING date, so we just took the refund. I had been a good customer of that airline up to that point but with the hassle they put us through and how little they did to compensate us, I swore up and down that I would never use Spirit for another flight, and I haven't.

The kicker to the whole thing, and what still burns my ass most to this day is....they wouldn't refund me the baggage charge which I had prepaid along with my ticket. For our bags on a flight that no longer existed. That I wasn't going to be rescheduling. Man was I steamed. My kids still talk about to this day "when the man from Spirit Airlines called", and that was 9 years ago....

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Spirit Airlines did this exact same thing to me with the flight my wife and I had booked for our honeymoon. The times they gave us wouldn't work and we were obviously not that flexible with, ya know, our WEDDING date, so we just took the refund. I had been a good customer of that airline up to that point but with the hassle they put us through and how little they did to compensate us, I swore up and down that I would never use Spirit for another flight, and I haven't.

The kicker to the whole thing, and what still burns my ass most to this day is....they wouldn't refund me the baggage charge which I had prepaid along with my ticket. For our bags on a flight that no longer existed. That I wasn't going to be rescheduling. Man was I steamed. My kids still talk about to this day "when the man from Spirit Airlines called", and that was 9 years ago....
Man, that would have made me insane!
So frustrating.

This sucks @Mr.Draned! I hate this stuff too.
Bro take the refund and use another airline. Not worth the hassle flying with an airline that is willing to make those kind of changes at your expense.
I'm doing just that.
Frontier will not see another dime from me again, they are bottom feeding scum.
I'm going to try hard to get them to foot the difference for my new flight with another airline!

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I'm doing just that.
Frontier will not see another dime from me again, they are bottom feeding scum.
I'm going to try hard to get them to foot the difference for my new flight with another airline!
I'd call the new airline to book the reservation. Let them know what you've been through and thank them profusely for helping you out with good service. You may just get someone who is sympathetic enough to give you an upgrade or at least decent service.