What's new

Fuente Hemingway Cracking

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a question.

I received these Arturo Fuente Hemingway cigars about 3 weeks ago.

They arrived with the humidification packet inside and my humidor has been at 65 rh for a very long time.

I’ve lit 2 of these cigars and both of them have popped/cracked audibly to the point of being unsmokable.

It sounds like someone snapping a twig and there is a huge crack running the length of the cigar.

It’s the damndest thing I’ve ever seen happen once, let alone twice.

Even when snipping the cigar it’s not dry.

Anyone experience this before?

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
hemingways explode on me all the time too, or i should say that they did, because I no longer smoke them for that reason. Casa cuba is better anyway

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well
hemingways explode on me all the time too, or i should say that they did, because I no longer smoke them for that reason. Casa cuba is better anyway
Well crap, guess I’ll cross my fingers for the rest of them and just know not to buy anymore.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Never had the issue. Cameroon is a super thin wrapper, so I'd understand normal cracking. But that's a first for me. Are you smoking somewhere that causes climate shock (i.e., going into super humid or super dry weather)?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had the issue. Cameroon is a super thin wrapper, so I'd understand normal cracking. But that's a first for me. Are you smoking somewhere that causes climate shock (i.e., going into super humid or super dry weather)?
Not really.

The temp difference from the house to where I smoke is within 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

And it hasn’t been dry or overly humid.

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in your experience is it the whole line or just a few?
I wanted to try some Hemmingways but I'm having second thoughts.
I have smoked a few other brands with Cameroon wrappers and haven't had any problems so it's a Fuente thing?

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I haven't had wrapper issues with fuente outside of Hemingway's ASIDE from when taking off the band. They over glue like crazy and have huge bands (and multiples for a lot of the pricey sticks) so I've had trouble taking the bands off with fuente more than any other brand

Last edited:

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had wrapper issues with fuente outside of Hemingway's ASIDE from when taking off the band. They over glue like crazy and have huge bands (and multiples for slot of the pricey sticks) so I've had trouble taking the bands off with fuente more than any other brand

Thanks for the help gentleman I'll still try some Hemmingways just keep an eye on them

I am a Fuente fanboy and have had very few problem with wrapper split. The few times it has happened seems due to smoking when it is really humid outside. Smoking an overhumidified cigar causes the moisture to expand and the wrapper splits, especially thin wrappers.

I'm trying to be a Fuente fan boy the ones I have tried were excellent,I found this thread troubling

Do the opposite of this

I have been keeping everything at 65% RH and so far had no problems.
But again I'm a serious noob

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had an issue before this box and I’ve bought the few boxes from the same online retailer.

All my cigars are always kept at 65 r/h and a rarely smoke sticks as soon as they arrive. I at least give them a few weeks rest to acclimate.

This box had a few sticks that looked a little sloppy but that’s not necessarily always an indicator of a bad smoke or burn.

But I’m not over exaggerating that these two sticks popped like twigs audibly.

And it was a complete crack running the full length of the cigar from cap to end and the split was all the way through the wrapper to the filler.

I don’t mind spending the money on cigars, but man it hurts literally throwing away money.

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks for the help gentleman I'll still try some Hemmingways just keep an eye on them

I'm trying to be a Fuente fan boy the ones I have tried were excellent,I found this thread troubling

I have been keeping everything at 65% RH and so far had no problems.
But again I'm a serious noob
Seriously try a couple casa Cuba's. They're my favorite out of what fuente makes.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm a fan of the Hemingway Signature, what vitola did you have problems with?

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I do have some that are a little more crack proned. Tabernacle and Daughter of the Wind do it to me every time. I keep ones like that separate storage at 69% and that's helped A LOT.

Stupid Tapatalk