What's new

Full Ligero

Jan Bynens

Moscca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today rolled something out of the box :
#54 : 5.5 leaves ligero rolled in 2 binders.
Half of the leaves bunched with the tip to the head.
The idea is to smoothen the power.
Anyone played with this idea ?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been doing that for years. Go for it! Using Dom ligero is not as strong as expected but I would be wary of all Nic ligero. Play with a blend.

The double binder might cause a burn/tunnel problem. I always use the thinnest binder I can get away with and then try to find a nice dark ligero leaf to use as the wrapper.
Like this...

102.jpg

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do you guys ever think about selling/trading your handmade sticks? I love Ligero.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have the opportunity to smoke all of my sticks, o roll faster than I can smoke mine. A significant portion of mine go to friends and coworkers. But even through that, I still have a growing collection.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Been doing that for years. Go for it! Using Dom ligero is not as strong as expected but I would be wary of all Nic ligero. Play with a blend.

The double binder might cause a burn/tunnel problem. I always use the thinnest binder I can get away with and then try to find a nice dark ligero leaf to use as the wrapper.
Like this...

View attachment 112184
that is really cool!!

Incidentally, I've never had a burn issue with double or even triple binder.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My idea is that a double binder helps when bunching with a lot of strong tobacco.
The cigar burns more even.
Binder is important but proper leaf placement and tightness have more influence on how the stick will burn.
Of course leaf moisture, leaf quality are up there as proper burn influencers, too.

Binder won’t save a poorly constructed cigar

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Binder is important but proper leaf placement and tightness have more influence on how the stick will burn.
Of course leaf moisture, leaf quality are up there as proper burn influencers, too.

Binder won’t save a poorly constructed cigar
Saltpetre is used as an accelerant in many cigars. (used in fireworks). If a cigar is heavily 'petuned' or needs some help to give that razor sharp burn they use this stuff. I smoked a Camacho 'barrel aged' the other night and, when looking closely, could see little tiny sparkles along the edges. This is indicative of saltpetre. Yet, another age old additive used in many cigars to give that 'perfect burn'.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Saltpetre is used as an accelerant in many cigars. (used in fireworks). If a cigar is heavily 'petuned' or needs some help to give that razor sharp burn they use this stuff. I smoked a Camacho 'barrel aged' the other night and, when looking closely, could see little tiny sparkles along the edges. This is indicative of saltpetre. Yet, another age old additive used in many cigars to give that 'perfect burn'.
Exactly how would one use it? Mix ratio and such.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://nj.gov/health/eoh/rtkweb/documents/fs/1574.pdf

I wouldn’t smoke cigars if I knew this was on them.
Guess what... probably every cigar you've smoked has saltpetre in it. It's in the leaf.

I'm simply letting you know that many cigar manufacturers use this product to improve the burn of the cigar. It's sucked up in the leaf by way of nitrates in fertilizers and makes good burning quality in the leaf.

It's a natural oxidizer. Used in many toothpastes and has been used since the middle ages as a food preservative.

It's bad if you breath in the dust or get the powder in your eye but otherwise it's not some scary cancer causing chemical.