What's new

gar gaiters

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Any of you guys ever put gaiters on your gars?

You know I've been rolling Churchills. Usually two pairs a day. They start with these 50-bunch bundles we dug up out of the basement at FX Smith's old cigar factory. I wrap them with CT shade from these prepped wads of wrapper found in the likewise place. I'll put two such blanks in my two-slot Maks' mold in the morning, wrap the two that I had placed in the mold the night before, then likewise another pair before bed.

Well, the first bundle of fifty I wrapped, the feet were bundled pretty loose. So when I ran them thru the cutter, the wrapped foot tended to split. You can't believe how long it took me to figure out all's I had to do was chomp the blank to length BEFORE wrapping; then just trip off the excess with a small scissors afterwards. Too soon old and too late smart, I guess.

In the meanwhile, I accumulated a bunch of ugly-footed Churchills. Figured I'd put some gaiters on them so the foot wouldn't look so ugly. Started out using PA broadleaf. Figured it'd be tasty, and I was right. Added just the touch of flavor the Churchills needed. Anyone who desn't think wrapper is a big component, try a gaiter on your gar. Here is one:

Then I tried shade gaiters, just for looks. Here's one:

Anyhoo, I like the gar gaiter idea.