What's new

Gas Grill Recommendations

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Hey group, I know most serious enthusiasts prefer charcoal/wood, but there's no denying that propane is convenient. So with that in mind I'm in the market for a new propane grill. I'm looking for some recommendations to get the best bang for my buck. I want obviously good heat control, decent amount of space, and stellar construction. So with a budget of say $600 what would your options be for a propane grill?

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Go to Home Depot - my ex-wife and I had gas grill whose "brand" I forgot but it was actually built by Vermont Castings and built to their specifications. It was AWESOME! Definitely miss the grill a helluva lot more than her. It was around the $600-700 mark, so at the top end of your budget.

The brand name Vermont Castings is over $1000 (MSRP) for their entry-level model but the OEM version they did for Home Depot was about half of that.

Otherwise, I'd go with the Weber Genesis line since the lid and bottom portion are really heavy and hold heat really well.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
That's quite the budget for a bbq, I paid about $280 for one at Lowes and love it. Dont remember the brand but it works great and had it for about 3 years now.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Look for a 3 burner Weber. They are great grills and you can smoke wood in them too. You can also find spare parts for several years after your purchase. I have had two of them in 21 years. They were both manufactured in the same timeframe. Genesis 2000 model if I recall correctly. One was new and the other one was $15 at a garage sale. Both are still going. Insides have been replaced about 3 times. Since going to the ceramic coated grates I have only had to deal with burner tube and flavor bar replacements. My next grill will probably be another 3-burner Weber from Craigslist...

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have a 6 burner Brinkman ProSeries. It's a stainless steel unit and got a great deal on it 12 years ago for around $500. The think I like most about it is the burners go front to back, not side to side. Makes grilling w/ indirect heat very convenient and easy. I've replaced the grates and burners in it once and that is the only thing I've had to do to it. Runs like a champ and sits outside 24/7 all year in NW Ohio.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Most big box webers are not what that name brand represents. We go thru webers every 3-4 years at the firehouse and every other year flavorizer bars and sometimes tubes. They're also thinner than say models from ace and a few other stores. That one looks pretty good. Not sure if was a Walmart/home depot version or ace. Personally I'd never buy a new one. Just too much money for the lack of quality this brand use to bring to the market with all their lines. But like everything else market presence trumped all. I hope it treats you well.