What's new

Georgia BOTL's....

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I am house hunting this weekend and will be staying in Kennesaw. I was wondering if they are any cigar shops/lounges that are nearby. Also, if anyone is around to meet up and have a smoke. I'll be there this Sat until Tues.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I will PM you my number... give me a call Sunday...

I may be busy but we will see

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I don't know much at all about that part of town as far as cigar-smoking goes.

Are you sure that you want to move down here? You know that we're running out of water, right?

Seriously, Atlanta will probably have to institute a water-rationing program by the end of the year...there's simply no water being replaced in our reservoirs and it's getting sucked out at a phenomenal rate. I figured there will be an exodus out of here soon. :frownno:

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Had no idea about that. :eyequiver NY has had water rationing in the past from some of the harsh summers. Also, prices of houses in NY are 4x as much as they are in GA. The weather is better in GA, the houses are newer, the people are nicer. The weather sucks in NY,the houses are all falling apart (and those are the one that are 4x the amount, houses in good condition are even more expensive), and you have to be :ahole: in order to get by.

The water rationing will be only on excess use like washing cars, sidewalks, and limited use on grass. I'm just guessing.

Thanks for the info we'll definitely take this into consideration.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Sounds like a great time to buy in Georgia. When everyone is running out they values will go down even more. Water shortages suck. We have seen our share in CA as well. Just stop washing you cars and buy bottled water. Who gives a crap if your yard dies, let it die. Grass is very resilient it will come back. The collective needs to tighten the belt and ride it out. We were aloud to wash our cars, but were limited to 3 buckets of water. I didn't wash my truck for year, it became a contest to see how thick the dirt would get. Goood luck with everything.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
The water rationing will be only on excess use like washing cars, sidewalks, and limited use on grass. I'm just guessing.
We're at Level 4 restrictions now...haven't been allowed any outdoor water use for awhile now. We are estimated to have approximately 90 days of water left in Lake Lanier, Atlanta's reservoir. There's no rain in sight and a warm, dry winter is predicted, so next spring and summer will be brutal. Atlanta is just too large of a city to be built on such a small watershed.

You're correct about everything else...sell your home in NY and you can buy a nice one here.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
WOW!!! I just read some more about your situation there. II'm thinking this is worse than the CA drought we had. Good luck with everything. Maybe Al Gore is right about Global Warming. There are going to be some majoor changing on the planet in the next 100 years, starting now.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
The housing market in Queens is completely ridiculous. A few years ago I sold my semi attached house in Queens on a postage stamp property and bought for LESS MONEY 4 times the property and 3 times the house a nice place out here on Long Island. The taxes are higher, yes, but I was sending my kids to private school in Queens, the public schools are much better out here.

There are nice people and buttholes in every part of the country. Even Georgia, Clay lives there for example!!:hysterica

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
There are nice people and buttholes in every part of the country. Even Georgia, Clay lives there for example!!:hysterica
I agree fully

However the ratio is better in the south. I hate about 90% of the people in the plastic hole I live in. I do love the weather and the surf, so I'm staying. Also I couldn't buy I house here if I doubled my income.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Some towns in TN have already ran out of water. They have to go to Alabama to refill to water towers. The water situation in GA is looking to be an epic drought. Ya'll need a hurricane to get the amount of rain needed to refill the lakes and I don't know if that would help.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Anybody have problems with scorpions or other pests?
We do have some scorpions, but they're small and not real plentiful...I probably haven't seen one in a couple of years. Mosquitoes and gnats can be bad in the summer if you like to spend time outside in the backyard, but most places are like that I guess.

Most of the pests down here are two-legged.