What's new

Getting started in home rolling

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Would love to try rolling at home and have some fun with it. A lot of you guys post some beautiful stuff, and I want to know what the best way (equipment, tobacco, etc.) to get started might be?
Buy a kit from LO or WLT, watch a lot of youtube vids, read a lot of posts on here, that would be a good start lol

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
The kits from WLT are a very cost effective way to try the hobby and get the basics down. The blends aren't what I or many would call the best but it lets you try it on the cheap and decide if you want to get more involved.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just ordered a kit from whole leaf tobacco to give it a try myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too got a kit of leaves. It was 40 bucks but it is what I call the price of entry. My goal with the kit of leaves was solely to learn the process and if the cigars from the kit were worth keeping then all the better.

I'm nowhere good at it yet but am improving.
Each batch I learn something new.

One big thing I learned, and it might be pointed out in one of the terrific "how to" videos, is to cut the the edge of wrapper and binder leaf off so you have a smooth edge in the wraps.

For me that delicate outer edge is too thin and Poorly formed to get a smooth edge in the wraps.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys. I’ve heard of whole leaf and they’re prices are fair which is awesome. The only thing I find tricky is molds, they seem either hard to find or expensive.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thank you guys. I’ve heard of whole leaf and they’re prices are fair which is awesome. The only thing I find tricky is molds, they seem either hard to find or expensive.
You dont need a mold to start out, look up using newspaper, its what im doing, i do have a mold but its a tricky one to use so im waiting until i get better at rolling first

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
$100 or so can be had all day long, ebay is where I'll find molds for less, size can be tough. what do you have in mind?