What's new

Ghost Band

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
What the hell happened here? Sorry for the low quality pictures - I had too much to drink to try to find my real camera:

http://picasaweb.google.com/aaroncaffey

I was smoking this Perdomo ESV last night and found a "ghost" from the band as I was removing it - you can see an obscured perdomo logo and everything. I'm sure that this is something I would know if I had a little more experience, but why does this happen? I would guess it has something to do with exposure to light, but I just want to make sure my humidor doesn't need to be excorsized.

Ghost band
Ghost band
There's a ghost band girl playin' our song

- Rancid

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Hah...Should've put it on eBay as Mother Mary.
I thought about that... "One half - smoked, stigmatic cigar. No reserve."

Thanks for the input, everyone. It was strange - the shadow extended 3/4 around the diameter of the cigar. I thought about exposure to light at first, but someone would have had to leave this thing laying flat on a table in the sun or something. I bought it right out of the box. Wierd, but whatever.

Holy crap, ghost banded stigmatic cigars are creepy. I must find and smoke them all to keep everyone safe.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Never saw anything like that. Pretty interesting and too much sunlight makes a ton of sense

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I'm guessing it was improper storage, but I could be wrong. It almost appears just like the leaf may have been washed out by the sun.
It could also be the opposite; too much radiant heat attracted to the spot might cause the ring to cook the tobacco under it.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
got me....I wonder if the rest in the box are in the same condition.

Unfortunately, I only had one out of the box. I asked the owner at the local B&M where I bought it, and the rest of the box was long gone...

I gave him a picture. He put it up on the wall and gave me a bunch of cigars.

Nuclear flash?
Isn't Perdomo a North Korean brand?