What's new

Goals for 2017?

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Anybody have any major goals for 2017? I know I have a few.

General:
- Change the windows out in my house from single to double pane.
- Cut my bar window into my kitchen.
- Plan a trip to travel outside of the US for the first time.
- Maintain my weight loss from this year, and continue to work out regularly.
- Put more money towards my son's savings account.
- Put more money towards paying down my mortgage.
- Save more in general.

Cigar Related:
- Build up multiple box backstock of some of my favorite marcas to age.
- Thin out what's left of my NC stash.
- Stop chasing LE/RE and stick with solid reg production.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Remember to be more patient.

Remember to enjoy all the small things happening in my life.

Stay focused on the important things and not let the negatives weigh me down.

As far as cigars.

Don't be afraid to buy fewer but more expensive cigars.

Smoking way less often I need to actually smoke the "special" cigars I keep saving for later.

Decide what exactly I want then buy a box with a September 2016 code.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Going to try and limit my buying this year. Focus on CC and aim to get a larger Humidor.

Non-cigar related:
Sell my house in VA
Buy a used truck (recommendations welcome! - i know nothing about trucks.)
Save more for my son and daughter's college fund.
Lose 55 pounds (see BOTL weight loss thread)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Your cigar goals make me think you're in my head. Thinning out the NCs and going CC heavy this year for orders, only NCs are coming from the local B&M and the occasional new release

Non cigar related
Travel. I'm a homebody for the most part and want to see more places. Planning a Caribbean trip in the spring, Niagra falls in the summer, and ocean city or Virginia Beach for the end of summer

Dropping a few lbs wouldn't be a bad idea

Home wise I want to get the giant pine tree taken out my front yard before it drops and takes out my neighborhood power lines. Me and the wife kicking around home remodel projects also. I want to put a wood burner in the basement, she wants to remodel the bathroom. We'll see who wins that one

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Cigar- Since my tastes have settled, and I'm starting to get a good stock of cigars going; I plan to start getting more boxes. And like Wasz, I want to decide what CC to get in a JUN 16 code, something that will age well until my daughter's wedding..
Non Cigar- The wife and I are on a health kick.. with the arrival of our daughter, life has changed, and eyes are open..lol.. so we're really buckling down to get into shape while we still can. We already like to backpack/hike/camp/fish/hunt, but plan to do more as the youngin' allows. There are several different projects around the house I plan to tackle, as well as getting my shop/mancave finished so I'll have somewhere comfortable to smoke :)

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I need to stop sitting around the house and actually get out and move, no matter the temperate outside (28 feels like 18 currently). Even just a short walk around the block would be better than sitting my ass down. We don't do winter clean up (landscaping) so I turn to mush after season.

Definitely need to get back to being a tidy person. My room is a disaster zone and needs everything from vacuuming to dusting to putting old clothes and boxes in the garbage/clothing deposit.

Far as cigars go, eh. Thin out the stuff I don't smoke (some mild/mild-med) and continue trying old and new blends. Maybe look a little more into the CC market as after having my first in November I know I would want a box for those random occassions. I may take a brother up on their offer for a CC sampler just to get some variety.

Not much else coming to mind at the moment. Just gotta stop being so lazy and do shit.