What's new

Going for it...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, I’ve bought the pipe. Nothing special. But, I remember smoking one years ago when I had no idea what I was doing. I still don’t! But, the old Grabow Savoy was found...and I thought - what the hell and bought another. I love a good cigar and I remember pipe being another different type of enjoyment. So, here we go.

Will be head into reviews on tobacco, but happy to take some of your recommendations. I’d prefer to stick with the least aromatic as possible.

I just hope I get the dam thing to stay lit! Seems like I’ll need to eventually invest in at least one more pipe. Probably get a decent one to suit my style.

Damn, I just love tobacco...and looking forward to grabbing my first several ounces!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
It’s not out of the ordinary for re-lights. Sometimes it’s more than you like it to be but it happens. Also can be because the tobacco is too wet so to speak and would require some dry time.

Welcome to another slippery slope. Or maybe just diving off a cliff head first. Check out the pipes section here for a lot of information and see what some of use are smoking.

Pipe wise- If you’re looking for a couple in your rotation, I’d suggest getting in touch with I believe @jsnake who has done some estate restores if I’m not mistaken? Or Ryan @HillbillyPyro who I’ve personally purchased a few estates from too. He also restored a pipe for me I found while on vacation in Florida.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, just over a year later and this is where I find myself. 52 blends deep, 11 pipes, four being cobs and two more on the way with a couple more I want to try out. Mason jars stacked in a cooler and on my shelf with most purchases of tobacco starting to head toward stocking up 8-16oz (or more) of some of my favorite blends.

I don’t mind aros, but I’m certainly fancied with the English/Balkan blends, burleys and some other non aro blends. Current favs are Plum Pudding, Quiet Nights, Bow Legged Bear, and I’m learning to like a few Boswell’s blends. Still learning Virginia’s and definitely like it the Va/pers as well. But that combo of Latakia, perique, Virginia’s and cavendish... yum yum.

definitely have some aromatics I’m going to be getting rid of if anyone interested... maybe we can trade. Let me know if interested and we’ll work it out. Hell, I might start selling some cigars or trading those for some pipe baccy... they’re all aging nicely .

Anyway - thought I’d share the update and that the slippery slope turned into more of a 90 degree vertical cliff! Been quite a fun ride!