What's new

Going the KL route best brand?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have searched through the threads and as of 2014 ExquisiCat crystals low dust was the best. Is that still the case in 2018? My wineador is producing some condensation and I was going to put some KL in the back to absorb and release back into my wineador. I was going to go pick up some mesh back like you can buy from heartfelt or some aquarium filter bags. I do have the drain plugged with a foam earplug. I can unplug it because my humidification is over the top IMHO. I am using about 8 60 gram 69% bovedas, 1 320 gram 69% boveda, 1 lb 70% heartfelt beads in 2 1/2 bags and a cigar oasis plus set to 65% in the bottom. My temp is usually 64-66 and 67% humidity with a 80mm pc fan running at 1/4 speed in the bottom continuously. My humidity bounces back very quickly after opening the door for any period of time. If that is still the best litter than it is easy enough to get at my local petsmart. If not I will be happy to take any other brand suggestions or suggestions in general on how to deal with the condensation. I am going to order 2 more drawers as I have another humidor I wish to migrate to the wineador ~ 125 more sticks to move.

57E56292-75ED-4E88-969A-5BF07E42FE62.jpeg

PamunkeyHub

Jayson
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
ECat or any other brand will be fine as long as it's non-scented. I used ECat for two years without any issues.

That said, you may want to consider using one humidification source instead of several. I'd also suggest setting the temp as close to 70* as your cooler will allow. Taking a 64* cigar outside on a warm day (does TX have any of those) will undoubtedly cause moisture in the air to condense on to the cigar, this can impact burn and taste significantly.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
When I set up mine The only brand I could find was fesh step, but of course it's an 8 lb bag. That said, You want a bag of it? I have a ton extra, and it's Better than you buying an entire container that will just sit there.

If so pm me your Addy, I'll send you out a baggie

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Agree with the other brothers - no need for so much humidification. I’ve got a 2.5 CUFT Whynter and all I’ve got in it is 1 LB. of HFBs seperated into two bags, one up top, one down below, holds a perfect 65 RH, I end up having to “recharge” the beads every couple months with a few sprays of distilled water. YMMV.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I've used Mimi for about 3 years and still going strong. The one I got did have some blue crystals but no scent. It was the best $10 investment of my hobby. It's been rock solid at 64% the whole time. I grabbed some type of fish filter bags at PetSmart next door as well.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Any brand of unscented crystal style litter should do. I bought the unscented Mimi brand from Walmart and have used it in my coolers for 5+ years now. It does have blue crystals in it but there is definitely no scent.

Maybe the smell you’re experiencing is a leftover from your “infused cigar incident” @Glassman?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Any brand of unscented crystal style litter should do. I bought the unscented Mimi brand from Walmart and have used it in my coolers for 5+ years now. It does have blue crystals in it but there is definitely no scent.

Maybe the smell you’re experiencing is a leftover from your “infused cigar incident” @Glassman?