What's new

Going to IPCPR this year.....what to bring/expect?

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
So, after being in the "biz" for four years, I'm finally getting a chance to go to IPCPR, flights are booked, so what can I expect?

What should I wear?
What should I bring? (I'm planning on two soft flame djeep lighters, one in each pocket, and a cheap cutter) anything I'm missing or need to know or be aware of?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
As with most business events, you will find folks dressed in everything from formal attire to shorts and tenner shoes. You should decide how to dress on how you want to represent your Business. That has always been the driving force, Classy to casual. I have been to business events, in golf shirts, jeans to three piece suits. Google the events from the past and look at photo's from the event. My number one rule is to control the alcohol, I usually refrain from drinking while doing business, I have witnessed some huge faux pas' and ended with people getting fired from bad alcohol involved experiences. My.02 cents

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
As with most business events, you will find folks dressed in everything from formal attire to shorts and tenner shoes. You should decide how to dress on how you want to represent your Business. That has always been the driving force, Classy to casual. I have been to business events, in golf shirts, jeans to three piece suits. Google the events from the past and look at photo's from the event. My number one rule is to control the alcohol, I usually refrain from drinking while doing business, I have witnessed some huge faux pas' and ended with people getting fired from bad alcohol involved experiences. My.02 cents
Excellent advice, thank you brother. I am not expecting to drink until after the event each day, and even then it will be in light moderation, since I'm assuming the next day will be just as busy, if not busier.

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Comfortable shoes, comfortable shoes, comfortable shoes. :) Emmett may have BMP shirts for you to wear. Pants or shorts doesn't really matter as long as it's presentable and nice. Have a backpack that you can bring on the show floor every day for cigars, water, pens, notebooks, advil, etc. It is a good idea to have a portable charging bank for your phone in your backpack. The long days and lots of pics, posting to social media, etc can really kill your battery fast.

Looking forward to meeting you!

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Comfortable shoes, comfortable shoes, comfortable shoes. :) Emmett may have BMP shirts for you to wear. Pants or shorts doesn't really matter as long as it's presentable and nice. Have a backpack that you can bring on the show floor every day for cigars, water, pens, notebooks, advil, etc. It is a good idea to have a portable charging bank for your phone in your backpack. The long days and lots of pics, posting to social media, etc can really kill your battery fast.

Looking forward to meeting you!
Thanks nerd! This is exactly what I was looking for! I have a brand new portable battery for just such things. Looking forward to meeting & smoking with you as well

Rating - 0%
0   0   0