What's new

Golf anyone?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Does anyone play golf or watch golf? Fav golfer or best or fav Golf course played
I enjoy watching golf on a lazy Saturday/Sunday afternoon when it's not football season. I don't really have a favorite golfer but have enjoyed watching some of the younger guys enter into the top ranks(Spieth, Day, Johnson, McIllroy). I only started playing a few years ago so I'm pretty terrible and don't play as often as I would like but I do enjoy playing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I used to play with friends occasionally and I even had clubs made be a Legion member for a great price. But even though they’ve said I have a good looking swing, my slice is so bad, I have to duck. I stopped playing a few years ago when my RA got bad before I was diagnosed. I’ve been thinking about playing again.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Play as often as I can and many times the cigar is much better than my game that particular day !
I don't watch as much at this time of year but do in the spring. I tend to root for the younger, smaller guys - Spieth, Day, Fowler, Thomas, McIlroy
It just amazes me how far they can hit the ball and the putting skills they have.
Favorite courses include Old Beau - Roaring Gap NC, Mission Inn - Orlando FL, Southern Dunes - Haines City FL and Glen Abbey - Oakville Ontario
Sadly, I think we played out last round for this season that last weekend of October.....

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Try to play when I can which ends up being about once a month. I typically shoot in the low 90’s. I seem to be getting worse though. Straight from the car to hole one probably has something to do with it. Haven’t been to a driving range in years as well.

Always been a Tiger fan and still am. Looking forward to his return at the end of this month. Cheer for DJ and Speith as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Late to the party as usual, but I'm an avid golfer, and watch the tour when I can. Play around 60 rounds a year. That being said, my good games are mid 80's, with the bad rounds being close to 100. (Mostly dependent on amount of swing lube I ingest during a round. Miller lite is my swing lube of choice. Lol) Spieth, Mickelson, and DJ are always fun to watch. Usually pull for the southpaws in contention, being one myself, except for Bubba. That guy is a douche of the highest order, imo. He hates old people, kids, and dogs as far as I can tell.......
Interesting fact: PGA pros were asked which of their peers that got in a fight in the parking lot, who would they NOT help. Bubba topped the list, followed by Patrick Reid. Something about PR being accused of stealing a putter in his senior year at the University of Georgia.
Source: https://www.google.com/amp/amp.charlotteobserver.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/tracy-lee-curtis/article17932955.html

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Late to the party as usual, but I'm an avid golfer, and watch the tour when I can. Play around 60 rounds a year. That being said, my good games are mid 80's, with the bad rounds being close to 100. (Mostly dependent on amount of swing lube I ingest during a round. Miller lite is my swing lube of choice. Lol) Spieth, Mickelson, and DJ are always fun to watch. Usually pull for the southpaws in contention, being one myself, except for Bubba. That guy is a douche of the highest order, imo. He hates old people, kids, and dogs as far as I can tell.......
Interesting fact: PGA pros were asked which of their peers that got in a fight in the parking lot, who would they NOT help. Bubba topped the list, followed by Patrick Reid. Something about PR being accused of stealing a putter in his senior year at the University of Georgia.
Source: https://www.google.com/amp/amp.charlotteobserver.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/tracy-lee-curtis/article17932955.html
I’ve always called it aiming fluid over swing lube but it sure does make a difference on how much you ingest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Living here in the NE our season runs from April (if we're lucky) to maybe October (again if we're lucky). I've golfed for about 20 years very much on and off (some years it'd be one or two times, other years more).

I can shoot mid 80s to 100ish. I shot a 106 on Sunday because my friend 'the shanks' showed up. While I've played a decent amount this year so far I just don't get enough reps / practice in to consistently shoot in the mid 80s like I want.

I *love* the game and I'm a tinkerer so it fits my mindset too. I also love to watch and I really don't have specific folks that I'll root for. It changes weekly.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Living here in the NE our season runs from April (if we're lucky) to maybe October (again if we're lucky). I've golfed for about 20 years very much on and off (some years it'd be one or two times, other years more).

I can shoot mid 80s to 100ish. I shot a 106 on Sunday because my friend 'the shanks' showed up. While I've played a decent amount this year so far I just don't get enough reps / practice in to consistently shoot in the mid 80s like I want.

I *love* the game and I'm a tinkerer so it fits my mindset too. I also love to watch and I really don't have specific folks that I'll root for. It changes weekly.
Swing lube can help with the shanks. Be careful on dosage though, easy to use too much. Lol

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Play as often as I can and many times the cigar is much better than my game that particular day !
I don't watch as much at this time of year but do in the spring. I tend to root for the younger, smaller guys - Spieth, Day, Fowler, Thomas, McIlroy
It just amazes me how far they can hit the ball and the putting skills they have.
Favorite courses include Old Beau - Roaring Gap NC, Mission Inn - Orlando FL, Southern Dunes - Haines City FL and Glen Abbey - Oakville Ontario
Sadly, I think we played out last round for this season that last weekend of October.....
I seen this get going and I knew it would bring you out of the shadows.