What's new

Got my first pipe today

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
The wife and I wew in Portland for a wedding and I knew we would be close to a cigar/tobacco shop so I made a quick stop and picked up a cheapo Mo Mersh corn cobb, a tool, a jet line pipe lighter, a bundle of cleaners and three 2oz bags of baccy.
The car smells amazing right now :). Can't wait to load the first bowl.

I do have a question... Can I just load it up and smoke or is there a priming I need to do to the pipe?

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Load it up and smoke it. There are many theories on how to best break in a pipe but especially with a corn cob pipe load it and smoke it.

Also you may or may not want to take out the filter. I think it restricts too much but that is all on preference lol

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Congratulations! It's a steep and fast slope you've just ventured onto. Good choice on the cob as not every cigar person decides to stick with pipes so your investment is minimal.

But, if you do stay with it, you'll remember your first pipe purchase

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Well.... so far so good. Ive only ran about three bowls though it and the first was a joke, the second was laughable and this third one tonight is better by far. Still getting tongue bite, its staying lit better tonight than it has ever before (like there were a lot of times) and is somewhat pleasurable.
I wonder if I'm puffing too much or too little at times, I don't get as much smoke as I do with a cigar but I have nothing to gauge against until I find a fellow pipe smoker to sit down with.
My buddy Rick is going to look for his old pipes and might pick that up again now that Im trying it. That would be really cool for me.

So yeah... so far so good...I think.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
OK... thats good to know. Some of these dang videos show tons of smoke so Im thinking I have the lungs of a squirrel or something (not pulling into the lungs, just a figure of speech).

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I am not an expert piper, but I rarely produce those clouds of smoke except when lighting lot Or I get tongue bite and a hot wet smoke at the bottem which equals more bite