What's new

Got some pipe tobacco with some cigars noob

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
so I also got a few bags of pipe tobacco in a bomb. At first I thought it was to roll your own cigars but then I realized I didn’t have any wrapper and it didn’t look like pipe tobacco till the last bag was shredded the others were longer strands. I don’t own a pipe and never really thought about it till now I know a little about it like you need to tamp a pipe and clean it. So question is how do I store it and when I go buy a pipe what should I look for?

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
For a first time pipe smoker you should get a cob until you figure it all out. Once you get into briar pipes, you have to rest them & rotate um out. With a cob you can pretty much just smoke out of it & maybe rest it overnight or something. You should be able to get everything you need here, https://corncobpipe.com/smokingpipes/cobs/unfiltered-cobs.html, for around $20: Cob pipe, pipe tool/tamper, & pipe cleaners. Mason Jars are the best way to store the tobacco. Taking the time to check out a few youtube videos of "how to pack a pipe" & "how to smoke a pipe" before you start will really help you out.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I honestly don’t know I send my stuff to my buddy’s house and he combined 2 boxes into one, one was from my noob trade on another site and other idk last person to bomb me on here was @ApeSmokes but I was pretty sure I got his package a while back. The box my buddy gave me was the guy on the other sites

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I wasn’t intending to go into detail but it seems you’ve put me in a position where I feel compelled to.

If someone receives a package as generous as the one in question, I feel it’s bad form to respect that gift so little that you would post it on the wrong board. That may not be what happened, but back to what I said...if it didn’t come from a member here then it might not be good to post here. Doing so doesn’t reflect well on the poster and I don’t want anyone to be in a position where they are not respected.

If you see things differently than I, great....more power to different opinions. Was just trying to help a brother out with a bit of advice.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I understand your point, but don't think it applies to this thread. Maybe your advice belonged on the other thread and maybe the OP has a bit to learn about forum etiquette. Anyway, not a big deal IMHO.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I honestly don’t know I send my stuff to my buddy’s house and he combined 2 boxes into one, one was from my noob trade on another site and other idk last person to bomb me on here was @ApeSmokes but I was pretty sure I got his package a while back. The box my buddy gave me was the guy on the other sites
If your using an alternate addy to receive tobacco have them keep it in the original package. This way you know who it came from and can search the board to see who it was. How many cigar sites are you on?