What's new

Govee Bluetooth Thermometer/Hygrometer

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Recently, I was approached, via email, by a gentleman with Govee. He ask if he sent me a Bluetooth Thermometer/Hygrometer, would I review it in a cigar forum. Having never heard of the company, I went to https://www.govee.com/#/home to verify this is for real. So I said “Sure”. I have no other ties to Govee and am doing this to honor my agreement.

This device is approximately 3”x 2” x 1” and comes in a bracket with double sided tape on the back. It runs on 3 AAA batteries that are already installed. I pulled the insulator tab and the display came to life. There are apps for iOS and Android. I installed it on my iphone. Directions are clear and easy to follow. This is the app home screen

You can assign a name to the device to remind you where you are using it.
I put it in the refrigerator for several minutes and even the freezer for a couple just to watch the response, which seems to be fairly quick. It then spent several days in various humidors. Worked fine in Tupperware, wood, and an ammodor. I had no problems with the sensor in any of the environments I tried it in.
I turned on the temperature and humidity alarms, and set the limits using the slides.

This is why the humidity number is red in the home screen shot. One morning I laid the sensor out on the dining room table and went to get ready for work. I heard my phone make a noise and found this

I have noticed if you close the app, no alerts come through. As long as you leave it running in the background, it will push notifications if it gets out of the limits. *CORRECTION - I closed the app a few minutes ago and just received a push notification.*

The above picture shows tracking the changes on a period of time, any where from the last hour to the last year.
Probably my favorite feature is how the device is calibrated.

It's done through the app. You can watch the temperature and rh vary on the display as you manipulate it.
I found these for sale on Amazon for $39.99 https://www.amazon.com/Thermometer-H...26799554&psc=1but have been told, they will eventually be available on the Govee site. If anyone has questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Nice. I like to see more options for wireless hygrometer/data loggers. The inclusion of a screen is a nice touch, though the device seems quite a bit larger than the sensor push or boveda sensor. If they weren't late to the game, they might have got my $$.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
im interested in the accuracy - but I dont know that I'd ever buy one due to its size / looks.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
looks interesting. how accurate is it compared to your other hygrometers?
I honestly don't know how to answer your question at this time. Recently, I calibrated both the Govee and a Boveda Bluetooth in a 75% Boveda Calibration Kit. Late last night, I put both in a small wooden humidor. This morning the Govee reads 68.2%. The Boveda reads 66%. A HygroSet ii, that resides in that humi, reads 63%. I have pulled the HygroSet and put in a calibration kit to see what it reads there. I'll try to post the result after 24 hours.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ok, for $28 I decided to give it a try and see how it works. It would be nice to be able to check humidity and temp without opening my coolidor. Thank you for taking the time to review this @GWBowman

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A nice feature to consider is if/how it allows offsite (wifi) readings. The Sensorpush has an optional gateway, and I think the Boveda can use an iPad or something to sync when you’re out of the house.

The amazon description doesn’t mention anything about that capability.

Still, for the price, it’s tempting. The digital screen is nice.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I said I would post again after 24 hours. It has been that and more. The Govee is reading 66.8% at 71F, the Boveda says 65% at 70F, and they are side by side in a wooden humidor. The HygroSet ii that was reading 63% in that humidor, settled in at 66% in the 75% calibration kit. Not sure yet if it was badly of calibration, or needs to be tossed. I adjusted it and put it back in the calibration kit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 65% RH a 1% variance is .65% RH. A 2% variance is 1.3% RH. It is vary likely that you are in the margin of error for accuracy of the hygrometer.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
got mine in the humidor just now. looks pretty accurate after an hour in my wine cooler. i'm mostly interested in the graphing capabilities of this so should be interesting to see how my cooler performs over time.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered mine yesterday supposed to be here Sat looking forward to trying it 27.00 amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Got mine and put it in the coolidor today. Looks like it needs to be calibrated, not a big deal. I really like the big display on it, and I can still get updates from from a good distance. So far seems like a nice addition.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mine came the other day. Calibration seems to affect the display in the app only, not the display on the device. However I left it in a tupperdor with just a 69% Boveda and it read 70.1% so I think mine is pretty close out of the box. It also seems to update very fast, 5 minutes and it pretty much settles where its going to.

Agree the range on it is surprisingly far. Overall I like it. I wish it had a squared off bottom so it could "sit" without using the adhesive as I don't want to commit to one location for it. As is I work around by building a little house out of cigars for it to sit in.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
mine is sitting in a bag now with a 69% Boveda. it was running about 2% higher. I brought it down a little bit and left it in there. I'll see how it looks tonight. I really like that i can see the data for the time during the day even when im not in range of it. Very handy. I also figured out you can export the data via email and look at the values in excel...